Is it time for update the pictures in Login Screen?

Irene Muni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

there is an effort being pushed to return stats to the V2 login screen... namely the three public api's which are concurrency, grid status, and lindex.

It would be nice to have some new pictures rotated in for the login, but I think that's minor in comparison.

I agree, Irene; it is time for some new pictures. Good suggestion! I'm tired of seing sausages and cupcakes every time I start the viewer :(

It would be cool if the pictures was resident submitted ones. They could be uploaded and approved by Torley or some other Linden before added to a pool that was used by the viewer. The picture submission form should contain a SLURL which *should* be displayed on the login screen so that we could visit the location easily.

Oh, I also agree that statistics should be brought back to the login screen.

- Luc -

• Lindens

Hey, that was rather serendipitous... when did that happen? :) Last couple of days? I don't precisely know myself. After an internal request came my way, I submitted new imagery some weeks ago. YAYZERAMA FRESH SPLASH-LOGIN SCREENS.

Anyway, this time around, after all the requests I got last time, yes, I kept track of the place and cool things featured. These were supposed to be linked to on the login screen itself, but I don't see that yet. I'm going to post attributions linked to the Login screen help page, so check that later if you're curious where they were... taken.

@Luc Alas, no change (yet) on that same thing I've wished for, for so long. An eventual (and natural conclusion) hope is that the login screen is integrated with the Destination Guide, which not only has more description about these lovely places themselves, but quite a few of the pics are Resident-submitted. That would tie up multiple loose ends.

@Linda More specific details please? I'm on a Mac and links are working fine for me on Second Life 2.6.9 (231165). For example, I click one of the blog links and it expands on the login screen itself with an (X) link to close.

@Irene. I'll join you in the thanks. I'll even throw in a YAY!

@Linda. Like Torley, I'm on a mac and wonder what is not working since the links seem to work for me. Perhaps with a few more details we can help sort out the issue.

@Torley. Integrating the destination guide with the login screen sounds great! If you manage to do that, please make sure a SLURL is available somewhere on the screen so we can log directly in at the place if we want to.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.