Inablity to Click on Items In-World

MarekDvoraka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me so far. Almost all of my prior issues have been resolved.

The only issue that remains is my continued inability to successfully click on items in-world. I'm unable to open doors, I can't "clock in" to rosters for work, nothing happens when I click on posters to join groups in sim entry points or when I click on bus stops to move around within sims, and I also can't successfully click on "pay phones" in order to receive live help from admin. This was not a problem for me with this viewer until about two months ago.

I use the Singularity viewer (the only viewer that, after much experimentation, is actually functional for me) and use a Macbook Pro laptop with a completely updated operating system and a wireless connection. Also, all of my viewer info is posted below.

Thanks

Singularity Viewer 1.8.5 (5617) Jan 29 2014 01:54:23 (Singularity)
Release Notes

Grid: Second Life

Built with GCC version 40201

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz (2400 MHz)
Memory: 4096 MB
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.4 Darwin 13.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0: Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M OpenGL Engine
OpenGL Version: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.15 310.90.9.05f01

Viewer SSE Version: SSE2
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0g zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2
Audio Driver Version: (none)
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

MarekDvoraka wrote:

However, today, I tried to log in, but the login screen froze midway through at the "requesting region settings" portion; I couldn't play at all.

this is a sim server problem that seems to have begun occurring lately on any viewer

if the viewer gets dropped from the sim then start to get all the problems you mention. is a DNS timeout problem. It is for me. I have windows 8.1

when this happens and try to relog back into the same sim then get the "requesting region settings" and nothing and hang. The fix for me is to relog into another sim. I usual relog into "Pooley" after getting this error. After successful login then can TP to the sim I was last on ok and is all good

+

not sure how to change DNS on mac. but I find that when my ISP-provided DNS is playing up (like lagging and timing me out) then I switch to Google 8.8.8.8 or 4.4.4.4 for a time. Then switch back to ISP when the storm passes

Orca Flotta wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

I switch to Google 8.8.8.8 or 4.4.4.4 for a time. Then switch back to ISP when the storm passes

Oh. Why switch back to stoopit ISP DNS? Me uses Googly DNS since years and not experience one single problem.

the ping time to my ISP DNS is approx. 40ms except when it isnt. When it isnt then its never. Never meaning it stops working sometimes for minutes. Which is not often. Just sometimes

the ping time to Google DNS from where I am is approx. 170ms most of the time. It can sometimes go down to 140ms but hardly ever

170 is better than never. 40 is better than 170 when it goes which is most of the time. except when it dont. So then 170 is good

Curses, I detached everything and nothing changed. I normally don't have any HUDs active anyway, so perhaps the problem lies elsewhere. My inventory, style of playing, and region settings have remained entirely unaltered since I started using Singularity, so I'm completely stumped.

Marek.........Rez a new  prim  then right click  on the  new prim and choose  "edit".  Select the "contents" tab in the edit window. Cick the   "new script" button. Close the edit window.  move your cursor over the new prim..the cursor should change  from an "arrow" to a "little hand"     Did your cursor change to the "little hand"?     While it is a "little hand" do a left click with your mouse.   You should see the word "touched" in chat. Do you??

If this works....but other things you "touch""  dont work...then I suspect it is some kind of permissions issue.

To "rez"/create a new "prim"  simply right click on the ground or floor and choose "create" from the  pie menu.  The cursor will change to a "majic wand".....left click on floor or ground  and   you will "rez"/ create a little box called a prim. Then follow the previous instructions i gave you. :)

You need to be in a parcel /sim/region   that you have "Create object " permissions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.