I don't have stream music

Rstan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My OS - Linux Fedora 20x86 - I have sounds from my actions, but I don't have stream music, for instance in ball room place like Franks.  My settings in preferences are all on. I even try to stop iptables even and restart SL but it didn't help.

Did you ever have it working on this installation? On Linux, the audio and media streams all go through gstreamer, which is very often either missing of misconfigured. Also, it's a piece of junk, but it's what we're stuck with for streaming stuff on Linux. Anyway, snooping around your gstreamer is more likely to get somewhere than would iptables, I think.

Okay. Well, I don't use Fedora, so I'm not sure what streaming music program they bundle with that distro, but I'd suggest trying to grab the stream URL that you're trying to play in SL (from About Land / Sound or wherever) and paste it into your music player and see if it works. If you don't have a player, Clementine seems pretty nice for this.

Assuming that works, then you have streaming configured well enough that SL parcel audio should work, so then we'd need to figure out what's specially broken about it.

Yeah, I get it that basic sound is working, so alsa and (I suppose) pulseaudio is working correctly when invoked from the viewer. But streams are a very different thing. The audio signal doesn't actually pass through the viewer at all, but rather the viewer tells a separate stream-playing package to connect directly to the source stream, bypassing the viewer. So I was suggesting a test to see if the problem is with connecting to streams (in which case Clementine wouldn't play them either), or with the viewer invoking stream-playing of the parcel URL (suggested if Clementine plays the streams without a problem).

I'm sorry I'm not helping that much; it would be better if somebody familiar with the Fedora distro could help instead of me. They'd at least use the correct terms, even if they hadn't encountered the problem themselves.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.