Help! I think I messed up my viewer!

SkyTrunk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so I was on SL and I noticed it was running slower than usual, so went to Preferences to try and fix it. Instead of graphics, I had kind of messed up and went to "advanced" mistaking I was in "graphics" and was lowing the Cache MB. I don't know how I made that mistake, I need to pay more attention to what I'm doing ._.

So I clicked on the graphics tab but it seemed I couldn't get it any lower, and I didn't see much a difference in how SL was running, so I thought nothing of it for that time. 

The next day I logged into the viewer, the graphics were not what they were before, it was actually worse now. 

Nothing will load to appear as it really is.

This is what it looks like when I log in to my home, and this isn't just home, it's everywhere else. it's not a pretty picture.

sl viewer problem.png

I can still move my "avatar" and it's not all that laggy, but that's it. How do I fix this? I tried to move the MB back up to where it was but still no good.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

===========

It looks like some of the mesh items failed to download properly.

You may have damaged your settings file. I would try renaming your settings file and seeing if that fixes the problem. If not you can change the name back.

With the viewer closed, you will find the settings file here on Vista & Win7: C:\Users\[win_login_id]\AppData\Roaming\Secondlife\user_settings\settings.xml

When the viewer is next started it will create a new version of the file with all settings at default values.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.