Getting group notices in email.

Amza Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

I have im's to email turned off in preferences so my email isn't cluttered up.  But lately, I've been getting group notices to my email.  There's nowhere in preferences for this option.  When I ask around for help inworld, I get told to turn it off in the group, which really defeats the purpose of being in the group, and also told that turning off the im's also turns off the group notices from going to my email, which isn't true, since I am getting them in my email.  Someone suggested going to the SL website, where I can turn it off there, but I don't see that option there either, or maybe I'm missing it.

So, how do I stop group notices going to my email without having to turn it off at the group level?  If that's the only way, I might as well leave the groups and I would rather not do that since I wouldn't be able to attend any events they announce.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Amza Hydraconis

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Amza,

I dunno if it helps you, but i have found where you can turn of the IMs via the offical Second Life website.

Just use the menu on the left side of the website after you logged in.

Account ---> Contact Information ---> Uncheck "I would like to receive offline IMs via Email"

Best regards,

Miiyu Xue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.