Friends list all jumbled up after upgrading

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

KarraSue wrote:

I did that and the "sort by name" was already checked, so what do I do nowt?

In Firestorm, I believe you can either sort alphabetically by display name or by username. Pick whichever one isn't selected currently. The option may be in Preferences instead of the Contacts panel.

KarraSue wrote:

I noticed after I uptraded to the latest viewer yesterday, My friends list is all out of order, it used to be in alphabetical order. What is  the issue and how do I fix?

Preferences - Firestorm - General subtab > Contact list options

Also, the current release of Firestorm has the ability to search for settings. Menus (search on the menu bar) and Preferences (at the top of the Preferences window). You can type in a keyboard and it will show you which page or menu the keyword appears. Just remember to clear the search once you've found what you're looking for. 

KarraSue wrote:

I looked and it shows the "sort by username" is checked. What else can I do, updating My viewer should not have caused this issue

"sort by [insert option]" is one of four lines of options in that section. Read all the options then select  to achieve the display you would like to see. Saying "out of order" or "jumbled" doesn't explain how you want to view your list. People want to see their list sorted in different ways, hence the options. 

KarraSue wrote:

I apologize.............I want to view them in alphabetical order by display name, as I had them in the viewer version I was running (4.6.1.40478). They are all mixed up, all out of order since I updated to 4.6.9.42974

Preferences-Firestorm-General tab.jpg

Keep the "Converations - Contacts" window open "Friends" tab activated, and also keept the "Preferences" window open at the same time. Then play with the options shown inside the red rectangle in the above image.

This way you can see immediately how the various options in preferences affect the the "Conversations - Contacts" window.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.