Drop down menus don't function.

Zuku Elska

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using the most recently updated version of Secondlife, not a third party viewer. I just installed it recently. I am running Macintosh 10.9.3.

Litterally all drop-down items do not function. I see the button depress, but no items are revealed to me.  None of them at the top of the viewer, none of them in the preferences, and none of them in any profiles.

I require advice.  What more information would be helpful?

Clearing the cache and reinstalling are not solutions.

Saying the latest update does not help us figure out which viewer you have. It narrows it, but there are 3 possible viewers versions you could be running today depending on your settings.

So... When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection between the computer and gateway and/or between the gateway and ISP. T-Mobile and other ISP’s use a wireless system to connect to you.

Without information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

=====

I suggest you try to open a menu before you login. See if the HELP menu item will work and get your information.

Once logged in, try right-clicking a button (whatever the Mac equivilant is). If that gives you a pop up mene select Toolbar Buttons... The next panel should show a Restore Defaults. If that button does not work, then try restoring your viewer to its default settings. A simple reinstall will not reset your settings. That would requires a Clean Install. 

A quick reset is to rename the settings.xml file. If that doesn't fix the problem you can restore the file and your settings. You can find viewer files via this page: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545#Section_.3 -- Look in:  /Users/[uSERNAME]/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/

If that doesn't work post in this same thread, avoid starting new threads as that makes it hard to troubleshoot what has been tried.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.