Crazy display issue with second life....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This problem started happening randomly... I am not sure what I could have changed to make this happen... but essentially what is happening is this.

I open second life, it runs fine... I can have it open as long as I want or as short as I want.

When I close second life the colors on my desktop immediately go crazy, its as if when I am closing second life it reverts to 16 colors or something. Everything on the computer becomes unreadable, resolution doesn't change... refresh doesn't change... just all of the colors being displayed on my desktop are completely screwed up. I can't even read text.  I have tried doing everything to correct the issue... from changing resolutions, changing color depth, changing refresh rate, unplugging pluggin back in.... If I launch second life and close it again, it just changes the colors being displayed to more random psychedelic colors. 

If I log off and log back on, then and only then does it fix. But the login screen is still messed up. The issue doesn't correct until I fully log back in again.

I will try and include a picture next time I close second life.

I have not been able to find anyone with my problem.

I play many games for many hours and this never has happened before only with second life.

I have tried several different viewers. The official viewer, firefox, and singularity. It happens with all viewers. If I click the X to close second life, my desktop is nuked by disney. :matte-motes-nerdy:

I have an AMD Radeon R9 200 series card (4gigs of ram) I HAVE tried updating drivers ot no avail.

What's funny is right after posting that, I thought about it and remembered I had installed f.lux recently. I uninstalled it restart... and works like a charm. Damn.

Well thank you for the advice and follow up. You hit it on the head.

For those that don't know... https://justgetflux.com/faq.html It's a great little app, but if its causing problems with SL... not worth it! (for now)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, blondeyw said:

i have the exact same problem, but I haven't installed f.lux.

than you don't have the same problem

and...

43 minutes ago, blondeyw said:

i'm running windows 10 on MSI computer and a GTX 1060 NVIDIA graphic card. is there another fix?

you reopen a 2014/2015 thread ... perhaps wiser to start a new one, GTX 1060 was not available at that time

when you do please add your system info as you find in the help menu of your viewer (copy /paste)

49 minutes ago, blondeyw said:

i have the exact same problem, but I haven't installed f.lux. i'm running windows 10 on MSI computer and a GTX 1060 NVIDIA graphic card. is there another fix?

MSI True Color will cause the same problem as f.lux.
Uninstalling MSI True Color wont totally fix the problem because it doesn't reset the color profile.
What you need to do is: Uninstall MSI True Color then install f.lux from https://justgetflux.com/ , then run the custom uninstaller & allow it to set the color profile back to default.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

MSI True Color will cause the same problem as f.lux.
Uninstalling MSI True Color wont totally fix the problem because it doesn't reset the color profile.
What you need to do is: Uninstall MSI True Color then install f.lux from https://justgetflux.com/ , then run the custom uninstaller & allow it to set the color profile back to default.

Thanks <3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.