Crash on Image Upload...

azureskye09

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The uploader has a few general bugs. These are the ones I'm aware of, maybe one of them match your case:

- Selecting a file has to be done using the absolute pathname. At least on Linux, the upload crashes if you select "recent" files.

- The uploader has trouble with special characters in pathnames or filenames. Slashes in file/pathnames bomb it, as do other "unprintable" characters.

- The image uploader in particular does very little error-checking. It usually just crashes on encountering bad data.

All three problems have been around for at least 6 months if not longer. As far as I know no one has opened a JIRA on any of them, feel free to do so if you'd like.

• 8 months later...

Hello avatar.

I had the same problem with uploading. As soon as I click Upload, my SL crashes.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Yes, I also installed Windows Live Messenger and whatever else you've all mentioned.

However, I didn't have to unstall anything.

Try the following: Go to your shortcut icon. Right click it, Go to Properties. Click Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility mode, put checkmark in the box Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). I also checked box for Run this Program as an Administrator.

Good luck. This worked for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.