Cant log in

Jay Taggart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I cant log in to second life using the official viewer. When I first load it before logging in, none of the usual links show up on the main screen(destinations to visit etc). When I click to log in it quickly tells me my system clock may be wrong or to check my firewalls. My system clock is set to the right time and timezone and my router timezone is the same. I dont know why my firewall might have blocked it, nor do I really know how to check. I use mcafee btw.

I would say it is due to the latest viewer release but I was able to log on last night after it updated. 

So far I have tried these steps:

-Changed my login location
-Cleared my cache
-Reinstalled the latest official viewer
-Uninstalled SL and Reinstalled the latest viewer
-Restarted my pc
-Rebooted my router(twice)
-Checked my firewall. SL and SLVoice both enabled
-Capslock is not on(saw this in the support knowledgebase)
-Tried to submit a ticket but there was no appropriate category pertaining to my issue
-Tried a different viewer (CTRL-ALT Studio Viewer)

Still not working. :(

It could very well be McAfee being ultra-cautious, but if you've been able to access Second Life ok previously, its hard to know why McAfee would suddenly do this.

Right clickon your McAfee icon to open it up and select the Firewall option, then go closer in to see if anything has switched off.

mcafee.jpg

If this isn't the problem, then report back, and hopefully someone else will add suggestions to this thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.