Can you help me figure this out please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use way too many gestures!

The trigger for most gestures is a slash (/) followed by a trigger word such as Welcome would be /welcome.

This only happens with SL viewer and only started with last update. SO I'm not sure it was me or if everyone has this problem. I had a friend check it out and he had the same problem. Maybe not me then!

Now when I type /w.......it automatically types out /whisper.

YES I could take the time to backspace over all that to type my /welcome but a ot of times Im caught up in the chaos and forget to even check that so I whisper.

This ALSO happens for any gesture that the trigger starts with /s .

Since the last update now any /s trigger automatically puts /shout

If I want to compliment a great song the DJ is playing with a gesture, instead of /song....NOW i get /shout ong!

Again, I COULD backspace over it, and DO a lot of times, but I liked it so much better the other way. 

Please try it. In room chat type /w...like you are going to do a gesture, and see if /whisper magically appears. Same with /s

Is there a setting I can change to make it NOT /whisper and /shout??

If anyone could help out an oldie but goodie to Sl I would certainly appreciate it.

Again, This only happens with SL viewer and only started with last update.

I haven't used the official viewer since long but, and I'm just guessing here, could it be the auto-correction feature present in most viewers? It would be in Preferences > Chat section, and can be disabled.

I've browsed through the Debug settings and if there is a way to turn it off I can not find one currently listed.

I rarely use gestures or the official viewer so my memory could be faulty but my brain is telling me that we used to be able to turn it off.

At this point I'd suggest filing a feature request.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.