Can select couples dance but not singles

Deefer Honi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have searched everywhere for an answer to this but found nothing yet. But recently I have found that I can still select a couples dance and get the pink and blue dance pose balls and can click on the blue and dance.

But if I click on the singles dance giver - zilch. and this is happening at old favourites places where I oftendance alone and last night at a new place.

I am also having trouble selecting menus on certain obejects which I used to be able to select, and I suspect  the issue is linked.

I am using latest issue Firestorm viewer and I have even tried uninstalling FS then re-installing but the problem is still there.

Can anyone advise?

Are the couples dance giver and the singles dance giver separate rezzed objects? Or are they things you're wearing?

All that happens when you click things is that you fire the LSL events relating to touch. This function can be limited by distance (Advanced menu > Limit Select Distance) but I doubt this is your issue. Other than that the only feature I know of to limit touch behaviour is RLV/RLVa.

Objects in Second Life are scripted. Scripts can fail. It's not possible to guess why they might fail, but resetting them (via the Build menu), might resolve the issue in the first instance. If you don't own these objects the owner will have to reset them for you.

Do you use RLV or RLVa? If so, disable and relog. Then try again.

This could also be an issue with your PC/hardware if you experience click-errors in other applications.

Thanks for your answer

DANCE HUD - no I am not using one - this is about using other people's dance pose givers (Intan or humanoid)

DISTANCE -  is not a problem as single and dounbles dance are on the same "pole" so to speak so equidistant. There are also about 5 spread about the dance floor and same feature is happening at every one.

RLV - yes I do tend to have that on but I disabled it and relogged and it made no difference.

SCRIPT FAIL - not likely - I have just been to one place and asked a friend to click - they got anmation invites on the single dance giver - I didn't - so object was working ok.

PC HARDWARE - maybe - but it seems odd I can click ok on the double dance pose giver but not the singles.

MORE NEWS - went to a new place and found I could use the single pose giver.

So no idea what is happening now.

Regards

Deefer Honi

Thanks for those results. :)

Only thing I can think of then is that you might've 'Muted' or 'Blocked' the dialogs, maybe these objects or their owners are listed in your Mute List?

I think you can reach from Communicate > Mute List

Maybe try the official viewer, though I wouldn't expect different results (Firestorm would know if their viewer was doing this pretty quickly).

Otherwise I'm out of ideas, sorry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.