Blurred textures and Stretched meshes - help

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's official, my SL has gone completely bonkers.

So, now in addition to the problems still hapening to me in the beta grid (see this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Beta-grid-anomaly/td-p/2721102), now I have textures in meshes that no longer appear correctly.

I had this mesh I have been working on and it looked fine. Until today, when I logged on to SL and put it on again. Now the texture looks like this:

help.png

I have not changed the mesh. It's the same mesh from 4 days ago and it looked perfect then.

I have no idea why this is happening.

I have updated all of my graphic card drives. I have done a clean instal of the SLviewer. I REALLY don't wan to change viewers (I like the SL viewer quite a lot).

Please, there must be someone, somewhere who knows why these things are suddenly happening to my SL and how I can fix them. The people from the helps groups I talked to are just as confused as I am and cannot offer much help, despite trying their best.

Any suggestions at all towards fixing this issue and/or the one posted in my other thread are VERY apreciated.

I am not sure on the why. I am sure that myself and my friends have had to deal with the same thing now and then. On many worn products. It could be memory or a streaming issue or any other related technical what-ever.

What we have done in the past is make use of some viewers texture refresh option. Some viewers ability to move the camera far to unload. Or to reattach the affected item. It has usually not been permenant. Just that somehow the texture could not be displayed in full.

If you are using the SL viewer, I suggest seeing if taking the item off and on again helps any. You probbaly already have but as I can't really move the camera far it kind of rules that option out.

But the main thing is to try and force the viewer to reload and refresh the texture over others it is preferring. I think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.