Ricky40
Topics: 124

Best Viewer?

I am using phoenix, but someone told to go to fire storm, but when I looked at the site for fire storm, they said themselves it is full of bugs. What viewer is the best to use right now?

Re: Best Viewer?

Reply to Ricky40 - view message

Define 'best'.

Personally I use the official LL viewer because I want to see what is 'standard'.  A lot of people hate it though.  NB:  There's good reason to hate the latest version*, use the previous one.

[*My avatar goes transparent, or black occasionally, leaving just the clothes and attachments.  Same with the land]

Occam's Razor (House version): the simplest explanation is invariably ... someone screwed up.
Void Singer

whichever one does what you want/need it too.

- Farewell to your ports and good luck to you all
Ricky40

I guess my definition of  "best" is the one that works the best and has the latest options such as seeing "mesh." Any thoughts?

Chelsea Malibu

Firestorm is the mesh enabled version of Phoenix and you'd need to change however, when you do you will find that it's a lot like V3.  I am now using V3 (though I hated V2) and have added the new skins to remove the side bar.  Actually works pretty good but takes some time to set it up the way you want it.  The great part is that you can now alter your viewer to better suit you which is a plus.

Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

The official SL viewer, the latest being V3, is mesh-enabled but very buggy, too.  If you want a stable viewer that is mesh-enabled, wait awhile longer.

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
Ricky40

Thanks for the advice. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Honored Member
Shockwave Yareach

I personally run V3.  No, it's not perfect yet.  But how long did the 1.x chain take before it got stable?  Never mind perfect, as it never got there either.

Firestorm and V3 are still a little touchy.  But that will be fixed in time.  If you don't care about mesh then Pheonix is very popular. 

There is no Furry Cabal.
- signed, the Furry Cabal...
Void Singer

if you require mesh, and stability, then I can suggest Cool VL. it has a V1 style interface, but seeing as you're a phoenix user that's a bonus and not a drawback. it doesn't have quite as many features as phoenix though.

Astra (from the people that worked on Meercat) is another option, although I don't know anything about it other than it is supposed to have mesh support.

obviously vaniLLa V3 has mesh, and the V2 interface (probably a drawback for you), it's stable for some, but doesn't seem to be for more than a few, and of course doesn't have all the extra features.

- Farewell to your ports and good luck to you all
Chronometria

Viewer 2 if you are a newcomer i would say, especially as it makes helping you easier. Also its the basic template for mesh and firestorm is very similar to it anyway.