Avatar body textures not downloading/updating

SyrupBunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having issues with half or the whole of other peoples avatar's bodies not loading in, appearing just flat grey where textures/alphas etc should be. It only seems to happen to some avatars, not all of them, and on some it's only the lower or upper half and on others it's the whole avatar, nothing I've tried with it has helped them load up correctly, and waiting for them to load doesn't appear to do anything either. Any ideas?

*THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO MESH AVATARS OR ATTACHMENTS, ONLY THE SKINS/ALPHAS OF THE STANDARD BODY

I'm using Firestorm_x64 v4.6.1, this was also happening on Firestorm 4.4.2 before a clean install and update

THINGS I'VE TRIED:

-Refreshing their textures

-Changing zones and coming back

-Relogging

-Rebooting machine

-Clearing the Cache

-Clean install of updated viewer

-Clean install of updated graphics drivers

I'm having the same problems, it's even happening to my avatar, which is quite unsatisfactory. I'm guessing it's a server-side issue since I didn't have the problems before the unscheduled inventory maintenance from March 18th.

I don't hink that is purely coincidental. An update on the grid status page would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: This just appeared on Grid Status: "[Posted 7:08 AM PDT, 19 March 2014] We will be performing scheduled inventory maintenance on Thursday, March 20, 2014 from approximately 6:00 AM PST to 7:00 AM PST. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates."

So all we can do is hope for tomorrow's inventory maintenance to fix the issue.

I've been having this problem too today, in that my avatar body (but not the head) is totally grey and almost nothing puts it right.

That's on the Standard SL viewer.... Catznip, which I normally use, won't even let me in for more than a couple of seconds without completely crashing.

Some form of official notice about what's going on would be appreciated because it's driving me nuts.

**UPDATE***

OOO... it seems to be fixed.... says she hopefully

Yeah, been going on for a while now,it's frustrating enough as it is when you have some work scheduled, but not a word on the grid status page. 

Isn't that the whole point of the page, to let us know we're not crazy but something's wrong? But once again it's like acknowledging anything could be wrong is "not done" nowadays. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.