Anyone have any idea if this device will work with Second Life ?

Steve Mahfouz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Steve,

Insofar as that interface device may be able to emulate a mouse, it might work with SL. But I know of no effort to make a more sophisticated hookup into the SL viewer. This thing looks like it's still in the research tool stage, with no real integration into anything just yet. And given that LL's internal focus is no longer on SL, I don't see anyone making the effort in the future.

Is there a particular reason this thing interests you?

Steve Mahfouz wrote:

If it can be used easily and comfortably with SL, it might be worth considering a purchase. I do get a bit tired of clicking and typing at times.  :cathappy:

I think you'd get tired of contorting your face pretty quickly. I haven't used anything as sophisticated as that gizmo, but the EEG/EMG interfaces I've tried are damned frustrating for an able typist.

Steve Mahfouz wrote:

If I have to contort my face excessively, then yes, it's certainly not worth it. 

When I tried a device like this years ago, it wasn't that the contortions were excessive, it's that they were unnatural in that context. I've no problem raising an eyebrow to show skepticism, but it's a different matter entirely if I'm trying to move the cursor with it.

It comes with key binding software so to that degree yes. I would guess that it would include combination shortcut keys so you clould move around and move the camera around and so on:

https://emotiv.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200778309-Included-Key-Bindings-Software-

Let us know when you get it and we will come round and give it a try.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.