About Land - Return Objects lost all of mine that were "not copyable"

Adumelial Rothstein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

on the 19th of this month I thought to take all my items off of my land as I had put an item on it that was not copyable and appeared to be in a box. I could not find it.

I went to here:

SL- Return Objects.JPG

My 1/16th of land was bare. Good. I thought all items were suppose to return to my inventory.

BUT I lost all bought items that were not "copyable" that I had placed on my land. I ask the people that deveope Second Life Viewer where did my items go to? I have looked in lost and found - not there. I have looked in their old folders - not there. What is this button for? Thanks for the nightmare.....

I have had to write about a dozen or more merchants to ask them to please re - distribute what I have lost. Some have been gracious enough to send me back the items. Some I am yet to hear from. I just have returned to Second Life since a rest (joined 2008).

Not a happy "PREMIUM" resident:womanfrustrated:

When you use return that way it send the items back to you in clumps of things to your lost and found not individually to the folders they came from.  If you look in your lost and found folder you will see these.  The name of the clump will be the name of the last item picked up in the clump.  It will contain other items not named.  The icon looks like a bunch of smaller boxes that  make up a bigger box.  You need to rez these out and pick up the items one at a time.  The individual things will go back to lost and found or objects.  You will then need to sort them out into the folders they belong in.  Hitting return like this seems to be the solution involving the least effort but it isn't.   You are always better off picking things up individually so they go back into the folders they came from.

Have you tried clearing your cache and then checking your lost and found? And have you looked in your lost and found RECENTLY or only right after you hit the return button? Over 700 prims worth of stuff will make a huge bundle and it sometimes takes quite a bit of time for all the communication to get done.

Your comment "have you looked in your lost and found recently or just after you hit the return button" is rather redundant. Sorry..and it makes no sence to me at all why you would ask that?

I look in my lost and found all the time. I cleared my cache and looked in the lost and found...nothing...all of the items that were not marked as copyable were lost. Else why would I have gone to all the trouble to write each and every merchant that I had bought from about the situation for them to please resend my items? THAT took me at least  2 - 3 hours.

My sim was nearly 937 prims full...of things I had bought and things I had hunted that were free. AGAIN...after hitting the return button only the things that were copyable were there.

I have only written this in the forums to alert the Second Life technicians that the "return" button is faulty. It should not be there.

OK....This article helped do what was suggested above^ http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Advanced-inventory-management/ta-p/1376385#Section_.3

I had one item in the recent under lost abd found....I went to a premium sandbox and rezzed it. MY WHOLE AMMOUNT OF ITEMS REZZED JUST LIKE THEY WERE ON MY SIM.

:smileyvery-happy: <---very happy resident and now collecting all my goddies back!

• 6 years later...

I did this not knowing of course, I did find the coalesce box in my lost found, two of them in fact, however, I am unable to rez it at any sandbox.  States can not create plants on this land.  Currently at a premium sandbox trying to rez. , also the coalesce box is named something I have no idea what it is.  What to do now if I can not rez it? OH the hard lessons we learn sometimes. Thanks in advance for any help. 

34 minutes ago, AnnieKink said:

I did this not knowing of course, I did find the coalesce box in my lost found, two of them in fact, however, I am unable to rez it at any sandbox.  States can not create plants on this land.  Currently at a premium sandbox trying to rez. , also the coalesce box is named something I have no idea what it is.  What to do now if I can not rez it? OH the hard lessons we learn sometimes. Thanks in advance for any help. 

contact support

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.