A Few Default Viewer Questions

Zaros Xue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, I recently swapped from a TPV to the default viewer due to having some issues with the TPV I had just come from. I may end up going back to a TPV but I'm really impressed with how far the default viewer has come but I've noticed it's missing a few important things.

The LOD slider doesn't seem to exist in the preferences menu, I'd really recomend LL sort this out because it's one of the most important features from a mesh creators standpoint. I was able to turn it up to 4 in the debug menu.

There are two things I'm wondering currently though, I've been able to disable the selection particles in the debug menu, but is there a way to disable the selection animation? The really jarring "I've right clicked something so I have to wail my arms around madly" animation.

And other than that, I was wondering if there was a way via debug or xml file editing to make it so look at targets have the name above them and also if it's possible to not send show look at targets all together, I've had look-at targets screw up a few avatars eyes now and it's quite a pain to fix without just getting rid of the look at targets being sent.

Thanks for all of your help everyone, if these requests arn't possible in the default viewer I'll likely just go to another TPV, I'm more curious than anything else really.

Zaros Xue wrote:

There are two things I'm wondering currently though, I've been able to disable the selection particles in the debug menu, but is there a way to disable the selection animation? The really jarring "I've right clicked something so I have to wail my arms around madly" animation.

In Firestorm viewer there is debug setting:

PrivatePointAtTarget

"If true, viewer won't show the editing arm motion."

Alas, I have not found any similar setting in the Second Life viewer.

The LOD slider is there actually. It's the Objects slider under Mesh detail. Ranges from 0.0 to 2.0.
As a mesh creator, I am able to leave it at 1.125 to 1.25.

It's unlikely that LL will increase the max value beyond 2.0 with the slider, because it's unreasonable to do so anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.