serious prob with server?

Candi Clawtooth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Clearing your cache from outside SL should restore your inventory (which is saved on SL servers). Here's how to do it (the instructions come from Phoenix but are valid for all viewers). Follow them step by step and make sure you relog to a quiet lagless region such as Smith, Pooley or Furball.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=cache_clear

See more about inventory losses here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

I didnt realize you could clear cache inside SL !!! hahaha   Yes , I had just told a friend that no matter what I HAVE to clear cache.....slow rez when returning or not!!! hahaha   I did so and yes it always works...   Was just flustered because I am mentoring an old friend who is on a Mac and its driving me nuts with all his probs!   Thanks for the comment Val.

Ohhhh yess !!   Hes been on Macs since wayyy back but he has never done a virtual world before and oh my god does he have problems...we still have no voice!!   Yesterday his files were corrupted and boy did we have a horrible time...he couldnt see local chat or IM so no contact with him but he would type out...i cant get dressd , hairs gone , and on and on !!  Horrible day....finally I got him to see IM and told him to do a clean install...that fixed him!!!   I will definitely pass your name onto him....he could use the support ! and ty!

• 2 weeks later...

Coventina Dalgleish wrote:

It is a good practice to clear your cache several times a week since it is one of the worst offenders of fragmentation I have ever seen

Sorry but I strongly disagree. From the KB and official technical recommendations:

"Please do not clear your cache daily or on a regular basis.

It defeats the purpose of having one.

Only clear cache if you have problems, such as frequent crashing or texture corruption."

valerie Inshan wrote:

Coventina Dalgleish wrote:

It is a good practice to clear your cache several times a week since it is one of the worst offenders of fragmentation I have ever seen

Sorry but I strongly disagree. From the KB and official technical recommendations:

"Please do not clear your 
 daily or on a regular basis

It defeats the purpose of having one

Only clear cache if you have problems, such as frequent crashing or texture corruption."

SECONDED!

It adds unnescecary lag to yourself and others.

If someone thinks its fragmented cache causing troubles they could get a more verstaile defragmenter such as http://ultradefrag.sourceforge.net/en/index.html and set to defrgament just the cache files.

disclaimer:  I have not used this app and can not vouch for it.  I just know a couple of hard corp gamers who do this.

• 2 weeks later...

У меня что-то случилось с серваком:  Firestom LSL Bridge v2.3 Я пытаюсь телепортироватся,но у меня не получается......И это точно проблема с сервером,а не с телепортом.Я не знаю что делать!Впринцепе сервак у меня работает,но телепортироватся не получается! У меня статус телепорта: G-General Общий.......Может надо как-то сделать M-moderate Умеренный? Как-раз когда я пытаюсь телепортироватся.Он мне пишет что-то про умеренный контент,что он у меня отсуствует! А как тогда сделать умеренный контент? ПОДскажите пожалуйста!

У меня что-то случилось с серваком:  Firestom LSL Bridge v2.3 Я пытаюсь телепортироватся,но у меня не получается......И это точно проблема с сервером,а не с телепортом.Я не знаю что делать!В принцепе сервак у меня работает,но телепортироваться не получается! У меня статус телепорта: G-General Общий.......Может надо как-то сделать M-moderate Умеренный? Как-раз когда я пытаюсь телепортироваться.Он мне пишет что-то про умеренный контент,что он у меня отсутствует! А как тогда сделать умеренный контент? Подскажите пожалуйста!

Если вы не можете телепортироваться в M-номинальная симов, это, вероятно, потому, что вы несовершеннолетние. Сколько вам лет?Возможность TP М местах зависит от даты рождения вы ввели при регистрации: это не проблема с сервером. Смотрите эту KB о зрелости оценок::

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/%D0%A0%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B0-%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B9/%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B9%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%B8-%D0%B7%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8/ta-p/1613715

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.