crash after teleporting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are starting to notice an increasing number of crashes after teleports are completed, and they seem to have increased more after yesterdays restarts although they seem to have begun during the problems with the core servers last week.  This may be something that you want to look at closely, since it is starting to look like the fix you installed a few weeks ago is no longer working.  Also it is worth noting that these crashes seem to happen most frequently during teleports in and out of RC servers to the main server.

I'll confim this, and also that it was happening prior to the Wednesday roll.  It hasn't happened to me personally yet but I have been with others TPing out of a LeTigre sim that have crashed on arrival.

The message accompanying the crash suggests that the receiving region is having issues, yet the avatars are lightly scripted.

@Oskar

Viewer crashes.  I stood on one sim TP'd someone in and watched them crash.  Sim seemed OK.

For me I can only vouch for Firestorm 3.2.2, others used them also, but as I say I have not experienced it

...so far.. *knocks on wood*.

Oskar I would suggest that since this problem was a minor issue until the last restart it is a server issue, though the source may well be the work done Monday which seems to have undone most of the improvements you guy have made over the last month and a have with your cautious and prudent Restarts.  My guess is this stems from something done Monday whihc has caused the system to partially revert to its previous state of chaos.  The assumption seems to be borne out by the fact that today I witnessed a seriers of crashes and log in problems that were also prevalent during that period, and I would hope though, honestly doubt that engineering would consideer that the Thru/Monday incident may not be over and that it has, in fact, set the stage for another period of sl chaos and dysfunction that this slowly recovering economy and society probably will not be able to handle.  Thus, I sincerly hope they look colsely at this matter and not stonewall it or deny its existence as they have so often in the past. I might also add that the fact that these problems are happening on a wide variety of viewers in a wide variety of regions would indicate that it is a server problem going back to the core system, and that hopefully this problem will be seriously dealt with before it becomes worse.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.