Viewer does not start on Windows 7 ultimate 64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it has been mentioned in the past you should run the viewer in XP sp3 compatibility mode if it doesn't work on 7 but if that doesn't work and your a fan of V2 most third party viewers are bringing out their own flavours of V2 you may like the phoenix firestorm v2 viewer

I can understand your issues Emili. I am running Widows 7 64 Bit Professional. I Core 7 950 3.07ghz EVGA Nivida GTX 460 1 Gig with 6 Gig Mem. At first I ran the old Linden Viewer 1 because I did not like New Viewer 2 at the time. I then switched to Phoenix's latest viewer 1.52. Phoenix has run very good. Because, in Lindens infinite wisdom, this Mesh stuff as well as some changes they are making to Mono Scripting ,counting Avatar cost, Memory usage among other things ALL Viewer 1's are going to not "see" nor perform well in the future SL. So I tried Firestorm. Phoenix's latest "Beta" release. I had big issues especially with graphics. Think there are many bugs still needing work. I have yet to try Lindens latest Viewer but maybe forced to eventually. I am not sure what all this will mean but I worry more problems will arise. I suspect it maybe your video card. You may want to a clean uninstall and by that I mean everything. I know Phoenix has this on their sight (support Wiki) and I have done many times ; -) Not sure about Linden. There is something about 64 bit that creates issues in the code try looking around Linden for FIX. Good luck lets hope we can make the NEXT transition of Viewer and remain in SL. :matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.