Unable to upload [script]...The server is experiencing unexpected difficultues.

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am so sick of seeing this... I seem to spend more time having to reopen scripts (either in-object or from inventory), repasting the contents (if I remembered to copy them) and hitting 'Save' again in the hopes it will actually save this time than I do writing the scripts in the first place.

Is it just me???

It's just happened three times in a row:

unable.jpg

This happens more often that it saves successfully and it is really frustrating. The error usually pops up pretty much instantly after I click save. It's not like it is trying for ages and failing, more like there's an instant 'no, go away' response from the server.

It's been doing this for as long as I've veen writing scripts (several months) and through different clean installs of the viewer.

If it's related to 'my' internet connection, then there is something amiss with the way LL uses the internet because I have no issues doing anything else on my connection from downloading nntp or p2p at 20Mbps, skyping, streaming TV or playing UT on a server on the other side of the world. I have zero packet loss every time I check, ping is 120ms-ish, time dilation is .999, etc. My connection on this PC is a static-NAT through a dedicated public IP with a Cisco 2851 router!

And no, I'm not doing those things at the same time as  using SL. I know it hits the network hard with multiple streams; at most I might have a browser window open looking up some command parameters... or this forum.

ARGHHH... IT'S DONE IT AGAIN...AND AGAIN... - FIVE TIMES BEFORE IT SAVED SUCCESSFULLY!

Impossible to determine the source of this problem. Upload errors are typical in a certain frequency, and your upstream is likely to be significantly less stable than the downstream examples you provide. Typically network diag like this can only be done first-hand.

Recommend external LSL editor as these keep your work regardless of SL service availablility. No need to copypaste.

Thanks, I use LSL Editor Community Edition.

It's just done it again at the next little script change I tried to put in; three times before a successful save, as fast as I could possibly click the mouse. The error response is immediate. If I am simply getting very frequent, corrupted outgoing packets causing the issue, then it doesn't happen with any other internet use. My server runs all sorts of heavily-two-way protocols here when I need to turn them on for work; SSH, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, all sorts of stuff. I even run an IPv6 routed connection into here. If I had upstream issues myself bad enough to cause this much trouble in SL, it would be most obvious!

It is only in SL that I seem to get network issues. That's why I say that it makes me feel the way LL uses the protocols, or the way the servers handle requests, is far more suspect than my own network. If SL can't handle my internet connection, SL has issues. I know it's along way from the UK to SL's home, but I can talk to anything else, anywhere, without such issues.

Even the error messge itself says it's the server...

*I should add, the witching hour is the only time I struggle with my internet feed, due to all the people who won't pay for proper access and flood the wires with p2p traffic at midnight. That grinds most of the public UK internet to a crawl at that time, lol.

I'm in the UK too, and don't encounter this error particularly frequently.  

Sometimes, it's when LL have announced (or announce shortly afterwards) that there are problems and people should refrain from trying to build or rez stuff.   On the comparatively rare occasions it happens at other times, I find that either a relog or simply tp-ing somewhere else for a few minutes, and then returning to try again, will normally fix it.  Sometimes just staying logged in and going to make a coffee gives it enough time to settle, without my having to tp anywhere. 

Yeah, I suppose the region issue fits. I noticed earlier when I used a premium sandbox for a while that the error never happened. Sometimes it's fine for ages at home though; just not enough. I'm on mainland, Saena, by the way.

Hmm... I've just remembered running a script monitor for a while a few weeks back. I did notice a couple of residents near me that have ridiculous numbers of scripts running on their avatars. Like 300-400, several to low tens of megabytes and 100's of us of runtime. I wonder if that affects the issue.

Funny thing is on the odd occasion that I've cammed over there out of sheer incredulous noseyness, they've always been mostly naked! Where on earth are all those scripts...?

Vulpinus wrote:

Funny thing is on the odd occasion that I've cammed over there out of sheer incredulous noseyness, they've always been mostly naked! Where on earth are all those scripts...?

Some huds and AOs are horrendously over-scripted.   Open Collar, if people install all the bells and whistles, can be expensive, too.    Older resize and recolouring scripts in hair and boots (one in each prim) would be another explanation, though they shouldn't be taking up too much active script time, I'd have thought.   Unless the avatars have just arrived in the region -- that whacks up the figures for the first few minutes, I think.

Yes i  can confirm that the Unable to upload scripts is always a  Region issue...either the region has too many scripts running  or the region needs to be restarted or both.  Ask to have region restarted.   Else just go to a different region to do your scripting.

Thanks for all the replies folks. A region issue certainly makes some sense from what I've noticed.

The sim I'm in seems to be restarted quite often, even when nothing is on the notice blog. I'm often kicked out or not able to tp in due to restarts.

Oh well, such is life. I've got my script done now anyway, and I'm not moving because I like the view!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.