This weeks release notes

Lydia Craig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oskar are you going to post release notes for this weeks restarts or are we going to be left guessing?  Would be very nice if those notes addressed the remaining memory leaks left over from your last two weeks work,  I saw one so large in Osbourne Walk last night that you actually could see it growing in front of your eyes.  Since these things are in every server i have seen it would seem they are not a local problem, but probably stem from the core server or database and very much need addressing at that level.  Anyway unless LL has a new policy of no information entirely Release Notes would be very much appreciated.

Lydia

It rather looks as if Oskar is either off sick or on leave, so perhaps Maestro will step up to the plate as he has in the past.

I agree with you that this gives a very poor image of Linden Lab's professionalism.  It is this issue of no/poor internal communication at Linden Lab again.

/me sighs.

My sim on the main channel -- Freedonia -- restarted at the normal time today, giving me the five minute warning and everything.   That must have been a coincidence of timing, I guess, but something seems to have been happening, since I promptly  tp-d to Sandbox Colborne, which I think is on one of the RC channels, and that gave me a five minute warning a couple of minutes later, too.

What was going on?

@Oskar

You say the Lab had a holiday yesterday...according to the GSP there were Rolling Restarts to Main Server sims today and the Google calendar claims that there was to be a server deploy..seems a bit like left and right hands were not communicating today.

I do understand that you can run Rolling Restarts without new deploys, and no doubt Nalates will jump down my throat again, but I really do think that Linden Lab need to get their internal communication on a better footing, if only to stop PITAs like me from asking you daft questions!:smileyembarrassed:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.