Scheduled Maintenance...OK...so is it ongoing this week as well?

Ayesha Askham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now I hesitate to ask this since the main bout of Maintenance is now marked as "Resolved" but.....what about this?

Scheduled Server Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on November 19th, 2014 at 07:22 am PST

[Posted 12:10 PM PDT, 18 November 2014] We will be performing additional scheduled maintenance on 19 November at approximately 1:00 AM PST. During this time, some residents may experience login issues and residents in-world may be logged off or experience degraded performance. Additionally, during this time Group Chat may fail. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions during this maintenance. Please check back here for updates.

Is this finished as well?  I sort of assume it IS, since the Group Chat servers appear to be working.  :smileyfrustrated:

The-Hardware-Issues-Behind-Recent-Region-Restarts

I'll be honest, I don't see any particular reason why these hardware issues shouldn't be affecting all the servers, not just the sim servers. I've had some problems with the asset server system over the weekend, with the SSA system reporting it couldn't find avatar components, which is odd because the same avatars had been loading without problems before the weekend.

And now we're getting scheduled maintenance announcements consistent with the Asset Servers being involved.

I know weekends seem to be a high load on the grid. They're no different on the wider internet. And I cannot rule that out as the primary cause. But I can't rule out the hardware as part of the problem, and that's not something I am used to.

OK Caleb

I know the work HAS to be done, and frankly I'm glad it IS being done....BUT...we now have two instances of Scheduled Server Maintenance, one a week old, with no sign of "resolved" or any updates.  I also notice that the "resolved" note on the main tranche of work had been Ninja edited away.

I want to be supportive of Linden Lab but the reporting of this work on the Grid Status Page...the "go to" place for Grid information you like to remind us constantly...is shambolic!

It is letting you guys down and making many of us suspicious of any veracity that might be attributed to announcements there.

:smileyfrustrated:

Wow what did you guys do? After the update the members of our community logged on today to find a large amount of items gone from the sim like  some kind of natural disaster blew away a lot of the buildings and other things in the sim. Just a few doors or windows are left and a few items from people's home floating in the air where their houses were.

If anyone wants to see what I am talking about, this is the sim that was wiped out today by the update.

You are at 177.1, 129.6, 24.6 in Adam ondi Ahman located at sim10438.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.51.144:13013)
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Adam%20ondi%20Ahman/177/130/25
(global coordinates 227,505.0, 284,546.0, 24.6)
Second Life Server 14.11.07.296624

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Adam%20ondi%20Ahman/177/130/25

I really hope that this problem can be fixed or some of these buildings which have been here for years will now have to be rebuilt as well as people who lost no copy items ( a good reason to shy away from buying no copy items in the future) are out of luck.

Wil Parx wrote:

Wow what did you guys do? After the update the members of our community logged on today to find a large amount of items gone from the sim like  some kind of natural disaster blew away a lot of the buildings and other things in the sim. Just a few doors or windows are left and a few items from people's home floating in the air where their houses were.

If anyone wants to see what I am talking about, this is the sim that was wiped out today by the update.

You are at 177.1, 129.6, 24.6 in Adam ondi Ahman located at sim10438.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.51.144:13013)

SLURL:

(global coordinates 227,505.0, 284,546.0, 24.6)

Second Life Server 14.11.07.296624

I really hope that this problem can be fixed or some of these buildings which have been here for years will now have to be rebuilt as well as people who lost no copy items ( a good reason to shy away from buying no copy items in the future) are out of luck.

You need to get one of the sim owners to take out a support ticket request a region rollback. All of the older things should be returned afterwards. This thread won't be an effective way of fixing things.

Ok be truthful with this furry Resident of Second Life is the matimance Done or not  cause im growing tired of Checking the grid blog only to see so much un resolved  matimance its just sad

reason why im growing tired  the Lag for one  Sim quakes ( reagion Restarts ) frequently happening  and the fact i can't buy my Partner a Outfit from the markect place is just to add icing to the problem 

Look Linden Labs i am very supportive of this  programe but if you can't get your act together and resolve these  updates  im not going to be a happy Furry and lots of my Friends as well since Second Life IS MY LIFE

@ZFWilliam

I feel your pain at this and like you, SL is my life these days for a variety of reasons that Linden Lab cannot and probably never will understand.

When Philip Rosedale conceived Second Life all those years a go now, neither he nor his employers had any inkling that SL would be as important to many of us as it has become.  It just wasn't in his lexicon.

SL was designed to be immersive but he had no idea just how successful he would be at making it so!

As a result the mechanism of SL is simply not geared to helping us...there is a severe disconnect in the operations set up, and many of the user-facing Lindens know this and would love to fix it but they are nearly as powerless to do anything about it as we are!

The GSP is woefully unresponsive and whoever operates it is severely careless about its accuracy, but it seems that while we rail against its stupid errors, it carries on completely disinterested in the chaos it creates!  :smileysad:

ok i know im probaly jumping to conclusions but while i was on SL today  im starting to think the Grid Blog is kinda outdated  since there was

No Lag

things rezzed nice and smotly

My whole inventory is avalible

and my Present i payed for so my Parter had a new outfit Arived  not to long ago

i know this is just me but think about it no problems and everthing loading smothly  it kinda makes this furry raise an eye brow  at the matiamnce listed in the blog  hmmmmmmm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.