SL is getting worse and worse congrats SL thi is worse since 2007

Kylie Wiefel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well I just learned that SL has forums, but I knew that before? I guess every time I googled something I needed to know about SL it was usually found on these forums. It's kind of like how you drink out of the same glass for years and then one day you notice that there is actually art on the glass. I don't know, maybe pumpkins or leaves or some junk like that. So yeah, SL has forums. This is nice. SL is down, who cares. SL is great.

Hmm....logged in just fine....

Given the amount of people using SL at any time....from all over the world......I am surprised this doesn't happen more often!

I think SL is great and I am not concerned if I need to wait for maintenance on servers or issues with logging at all.

Just relax and wait it out.....it will be ok  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Volkov Catteneo wrote:

Not even soo much as a warning about this crap, GJ LL. ...

No, they cut off log-ins.

[RESOLVED] Unscheduled System Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on April 16th, 2014 at 08:33 pm PDT

[Resolved 8:33 PM PDT, 16 April 2014]The unscheduled system maintenance has been completed.

[postED 7:00 PM PDT, 16 April 2014] We are currently undergoing unscheduled system maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates.

You people act as if you've never been around when there was system maintenance being done.

The OP was clearly not around in 2007, or they wouldn't have made such a ridiculous statement. As someone who was actually around in 2007, I can testify the grid is the most stable, lag free, and problem free that it's been, ever in SL history.

Sure there are still days when there's problems, but comparing that to 2007. Heh. In 2007 you counted the days SL worked well, usually limited to the fingers on both hands.

griddown.png

Darien Caldwell wrote:

The OP was clearly not around in 2007, or they wouldn't have made such a ridiculous statement. As someone who was actually around in 2007, I can testify the grid is the most stable, lag free, and problem free that it's been, ever in SL history.

Sure there are still days when there's problems, but comparing that to 2007. Heh. In 2007 you counted the days SL worked well, usually limited to the fingers on both hands.

Sometimes I really do wish they'd bring this back.

But 2007 was not bad at all compared to things I've heard about 2003.  I've been told they used to take bets on how many minutes it would be before a SIM crashed.

Yeah moan and complain, funny you are **bleep** about problems, but I am here daily from upwards of 12 hours without a relog or having a sim crash or lagging.  why, because I set my computer hardware up to run SL, I set my client to RUN SL.  I make sure ya know I'm not running hardware oh from 2007,   if you are trying this on a pos store bought computer that was made in 07 or a laptop that's not meant for more then basic things (most laptops) then yeah you are going to have issues,  oh what about your connection, trying to use it on anything other then wired or Wireless N will get you bad results and **bleep** you might just lag or have issues with things.  but nope, always LL's fault.   

sylvie Gossamer wrote:

LL still do not seem to have grasped
the connection between server reboots, or lack of,  and lag
. Serious gaming PCs and superfast connections may overcome this but I doubt if that is what the majority of SL users possess.  

I'd be curious just exactly what this connection is?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

sylvie Gossamer wrote:

I would just prefer LL acknowledged it  and did regular weekly reboots

They do weekly server stuff... rolling restarts, maintenance, upgrades.. what do you want them to do?

The guy is a troll, just ignore him. SL is the best it's ever been. Just the other night I was in a busy hair store, 40 avatars, fiull to the brim. everyone was able to move around, shop, load textures, and other than some slight pauses when someone arrived or left, everything was fine. You certainly couldn't have had that experience in 2007. But you can today.

Sometimes i hate posting anything on the forums because someone like you always pops up and says their world is great so that means everyone elses should be and if not its crappy hardware.

As a creator and having been on SL since 2006, i have spent  many hours at a time on SL problem free with my Toshiba laptop that works flawlessly on sl, always has.

But the OP has a valid complaint, the secondlife server has not had a rolling restart for 2 weeks now and that server has degraded to the point where sl is acting not as it should.

Bad chat lag, up to 10 seconds for chat to show sometimes.

Freezing for up to 10 seconds, (unable to move). messages from my security system every time i log in the the scripts stopped working and are ok now ( no it was nt from a rolling restart)

We were racing last night on our track, while racing i went off into space , that being where the car just goes off by itself into space as i call it, then bam im back on the track, my partner who i was racing accoring to the message i got from security had left the sim , then back in after a few sec, she never actually left

SL is acting up, and before you say its my laptop or router or connection, my partner has a very beefy desktop, and runs sl way better than me and she experiences the same thing, so as the OP said SL is screwed for some of us and they need to do a proper rolling restart on the secondlife server because  the longer they leave it the more degraded our experience is

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.