Region remains off line after doing region restart

dd Temin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After doing region restart this morning  Sunday Nov 18 at 5:30 am Pacific time..........the region has not come back on line.

Normaly this process takes 5 minutes...........its been 2 hours....

Possibly something has gone wrong......with latest server version update?   Need help Mastro... thanks

This region is private island on main Grid  (Agni)..........name of region is Meridas.

CORRECTION:    Region  is/was  actually  back on line !!!     The  problem was/ is that until I relogged ...i was not able to "see"  that the  region was back on line.  I only could see "water"  just as if the region was off line

I forgot to mention  that I was observing the  region while standing in my other Sim which is adjecent to  the sim...that "appeared " to not be on line.

This is a different issue.  i have not seen this happen before.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Any comment Mastro?

I did go to Live chat.........it is also currently OFF line....:))

Yes i  submited a ticket also....

I was not posting here to get help from Lindens..........I was posting here to see if any other residents had   had a similar experience since last server updates......

I am in sl 6 years..I dont need anyone telling me how the forums work.

dd Temin wrote:

I did go to Live chat.........it is also currently OFF line....
:)
)

Yes i  submited a ticket also....

I was not posting here to get help from Lindens..........I was posting here to see if any other residents had   had a similar experience since last server updates......

I am in sl 6 years..I dont need anyone telling me how the forums work.

Yeah THAT is going to encourage people to respond to you. *rolls her eyes and walks away*

dd Temin wrote:

After doing region restart this morning  Sunday Nov 18 at 5:30 am Pacific time..........the region has not come back on line.

Normaly this process takes 5 minutes...........its been 2 hours....

Possibly something has gone wrong......with latest server version update?   Need help Mastro... thanks

This region is private island on main Grid  (Agni)..........name of region is Meridas.

I am about to follow Heart right out of this thread, but as someone who has been in SL for six years, you will know then that Maestro is not the only Linden in the world/on these forums, and also Linden personnel do not live here 24/7.

The correct procedure is - as you know - to contact Live Chat or submit a support ticket, and WAIT. The world - Second Life and Real Life - does not revolve around any one person, as frustrating as the waiting can be at times.

Also, if you believe there is a problem with the latest server update, it would actually be more appropriate to sound it out on the weekly deploy thread; did you take a look there first? 

Oh yippee, the forum bug is back...at the third attempt.....

@dd: This sim-to-sim visibility bug has been promoted, it seems, from Magnum to Main Server now, without any comment from LL.

Your remarks really would be better in the Release Deploy thread.

Snarky comment from some others is what I'd expect in place of reasoned remarks, though from Echo, the resident formerly known as.....*eek*......*thump, splash*

Ayesha Askham wrote:

Oh yippee, the forum bug is back...at the third attempt.....

@dd: This sim-to-sim visibility bug has been promoted, it seems, from Magnum to Main Server now, without any comment from LL.

Your remarks really would be better in the Release Deploy thread.

Snarky comment from some others is what I'd expect in place of reasoned remarks, though from Echo, the resident formerly known as.....*eek*......*thump, splash*

Oh so glad it's not just me; it took seven attempts for me to be able to log in here today.

Glad you agree the OP should be posting in the Deploy thread.

I think *eek" .....*thump,splash* should certainly be the name of my next avatar/alt ;)

Hers is the Lindens response....:)

Case: 01553045Avatar: dd Temin  Type: Report an offline RegionStatus: Waiting for Customer Acceptance  Hello dd,With the specific kind of issue that happened with the region,
this can be a consequence because of how the region's visibility caching works -
this is a known issue that we are working on TJ Linden

dd Temin wrote:

Hers is the Lindens response....
:)
Case: 01553045Avatar: dd Temin  Type: Report an offline RegionStatus: Waiting for Customer Acceptance  Hello dd,With the specific kind of issue that happened with the region,

this can be a consequence because of how the region's visibility caching works -

this is a known issue that we are working on TJ Linden

That's superb, dd

To know that LL are aware of a problem and are working on it.  This is reassuring for all.

Thank you for sharing this with all here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.