Region hosting request / idea

ziicutie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I Wuld like to know where is the best place I can go to submit or request an idea for second life.

Please, don't shut down the idea until you have read the whole thing. Add to it and take away from the idea as you wish.

My idea is basically that I would like linden labs to givs us the ability to host our own regions, but in order to ask such a thing from linden labs I need to ask this withing their reasoning. If they were to enable us to host our own reigons, it should only be done on agreement that you are not selling or disrtibuting your regions to others for profit or as free land. You can use the land or regions to host non profit organizations or for personal use only. You cannot disribute the land or regions to anybody, however you may share it with others. No selling objects or currency exchange ability should be given or allowed to any avatar in these personal hosted regions to prevent profiting threw the region or possible currency exploits. This land should be acessable by the main grid or test grid by your choice. You may not use the land for advirtizing anything that is profit related. You are responsible for keeping the region up to date and maintaining the region and at your expense. Breaking this agreement, linden labs may block you from the ability to host these regions by username and IP.

ziicutie wrote:

This land should be acessable by the main grid or test grid by your choice. 

This is what killed the idea of the "metaverse" back in the heady days of, say, 2008. The problem is that by hosting your own sim, you are also hosting all content on that sim, which is to say you have your very own copy of all intellectual property that happens to be rezzed on or stumble upon your sim. It doesn't matter what LL may want, they are legally forbidden from allowing that to happen to any user-generated content currently on the Second Life grid. So any inter-grid movement would have to be without any assets at all -- no clothes, no skin, no avatar of any kind, and of course absolutely no inventory. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.