Problems with beta grid(logging into/syncing inventory)

Zerxes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll start here. If this is the wrong thread, then tell me where to pop off to and I shall waltz over in that general direction!

Okay, so. I usually reset my password twice, so that I can use my normal password(since before, the beta actually reset, so changing my password back to normal was fine). This last time, however, I left it changed. My new password works on the main grid, whereas the beta is using my old password(and stubbornly refusing to update). I can only log into the site with my new password, my old one will not work.

The newest firestorm update is why might be messing with it, I think, since it worked before I updated. 

Any ideas? If there is already another thread on this, I apologize for re-posting, and a link to said thread would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance, guys!

Zerxes wrote:

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll start here. If this is the wrong thread, then tell me where to pop off to and I shall waltz over in that general direction!

Okay, so. I usually reset my password twice, so that I can use my normal password(since before, the beta actually reset, so changing my password back to normal was fine). This last time, however, I left it changed. My new password works on the main grid, whereas the beta is using my old password(and stubbornly refusing to update). I can only log into the site with my new password, my old one will not work.

The newest firestorm update is why might be messing with it, I think, since it worked before I updated. 

Any ideas? If there is already another thread on this, I apologize for re-posting, and a link to said thread would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance, guys!

Beta grid works differently to main grid, and I would expect a new password to take up to 24 hours to be acknowledged by the beta grid.  When you change your password, everything should update; ie the Linden dollar balance you hold at that moment on the main grid will replicate in the beta grid, and your profile details, and inventory should also update at the same time.

If it has been longer than 24 hours since you changed your password, and if you don't get any other suggestions here on Second Life Forums, you might want to pick the brains of the Second Life Beta group inworld. Maybe (maybe) you confused the system by changing your password twice, although if its normal for you to do that, then I think its just beta grid being beta grid and taking a while to catch up.

Yes, I've changed it multiple times and waited at least 24 hours. The 64 bit version of Firestorm combines OpenSim and Second Life.. That's the only reason I can see that it'd be messing up. Stoopid OpenSim!

Thank you kindly for the response. I'll fiddle with it some more. Maybe it's just on vacation.

This is not any Firestorm x64 update issue, cuz I am having this situation since before update Firestorm.

I do not know if I missed something, but when I searched about update beta grid inventory, I read it was only necessary to change the password, wait 24h and log in the beta grid again, with the new password. Ok, i did it. And now counts 72h, I cant log in beta grid with the new password, but still able to log in with the old password. Obviously, nothing was updated.

Edit: to Whirly Fizzle: The problem still running now, 04.04.2014 at 4.40pm

Yes, the problem still there!

I did the same 40h ago... and when I tested now... nothing!

Zerxes, please, change the title of this topic for anything more clear for other people find and put here their experiences. Something like this: "Problems to login in beta grid after change password".

Lets wait for a solution.

I've been having this problem for almost 2 weeks now, and I've changed my pass word twice. The last time was about 3 days ago. Beta grid only takes my old password and my inventory is not sync. The Jira that is linked with this post says it was resolved on 31st March, but I'm really not seeing it resolved for me....

This problem was discussed again today at the server beta user group.

The Lindens are aware of the problem and can reproduce it.

They are having problems finding what is actually going wrong with the sync script though.

So we need to be patient and wait for a fix.

Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if it was just me, or if everyone else is having problems with it too.

I can log into beta grid, but it just.. Doesn't sync. I literally waited about a week before I logged in, and it didn't sync. Ughh..

I have noticed this behaviour on multiple accounts, so it is related to an IP address issue in my openion the Lindens could be looking at IP address issues on this one, not only 1 account, but all my accounts are now De-synched from my IP. I'm waiting to upload new material for my dolphin avatar, Please help us Lindens! we use to have better support than this.

BUG-5563 has been "Accepted" (look at the status and resolution) which means the Lindens have verified it is a bug and imported it to their internal JIRA.

The best place to ask about updates for this bug is the Server Beta Usergroup: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

You can even add it to the agenda.

Next meeting is this Thursday,  April 24, 3PM SLT at Morris on Aditi.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.