Problem with ports for sloodle

mar8ix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm new to Second life and I would like to ask for your help.

I installed Sloodle to use it with Second Life to run a project for my master thesis.

The problem I have is that I get the message  "server connection failed" when I try to rez my objects.

I installed moodle on a web server with Plesk Panel 12. I asked my hosting provider to open the ports that are required. They asked my for the IP so as to connect the port but I don't know what IP they want. I told them that I want to connect my moodle server with second Life and the told me that they opened the ports 12043 and 12046 to the IP 216.82.8.56 but I still have a problem. They are still asking me for IP to link the open ports. Is it the right way or are we doing something wrong?

I would appreciate any help!

Thank you very much for your help.

I was wonderinf If the hosting provider can open ports for all incoming connections and not only for one specific IP address.

I'm stuck with the connection of sloodle and I cannot proceed further with my research!

Any other ideas?

They contacted me and they told me that because it is a shared server yhey must connect an IP to the ports or a domain name.

So I was wondering after looking the About file:

"You are at ......in Sandbox Island located at sim10325.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.47:13023)"

The domain that I should give is lindelab.com?

since as I said, ip's change and simulators never stay put on one host (sim4032.lindenlab.com)  or how ever they have it layed out now.  it's best as you mention to use a proxy.  if that fails.  hm not sure unless you can find a host that's willing to give you a static ip.  so things can be routed without issue.

I have anothew question. I'm verry sorry if I ask silly things but I'm trying to find solution for my proble and I am stuck!

Is it possible to install moodle locally on my PC (Windows) and make sloodle communicate with the rezzer?

Another way would be to install an ubuntu server with moodle installation and make it run online, but I'm not sure that Ican make it run online. I know how to install it and make it run locally.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.