Problem with missing notications of received items?

Motor Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had several customers saying they're not receiving items they bought so I was checking it. During testing I noticed that I did get the items I was sending myself, but no notice whatsoever that I just reiceved an item (just silently got into my objects/ folder). I tried sending items to my wife, and she experienced the same thing, none of the usual notice that an item was received. Not when sent from an object or directly inworld, either via the IM window or simple drag and drop onto the avatar.

Is there a bug going on that I haven't heard about?

I'm a little confused by how you are describing the scenarios like "sending object to yourself."  Did you mean "purchasing for yourself."

If you are using the object permissions system rather than a script to sell your products In World, the Buyer sees a dialogue, "You have paid so and so so much for such and such."  The object or folder arrives in your inventory with no other notice.

Motor Loon wrote:

lol... nevermind, we figured it out - it was because we both had our Firestorm viewers set to automatically accept inventory offers - that apparently also mean you don't get those notices like you normally do.

Thanks for updating us.  I had completely forgot about that setting.  Very much appreciated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.