Problem uploading images

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Everytime I try to upload an image the SL viewer is crashing. Ive tried resaving the image, renaming the image. no luck. just BAM! crash. anyone else having this problem and what is the solution. kinda irritated because it randomly happens a LOT this past year. very irritating. If I knew something was going on with the server Id be content to wait until it gets fixed but Im not finding any news or issues posted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having a similar problem.  I tried changing my profile pic today and it crashes every time!  I created an image on my local drive from a snapshot downloaded from SL.  Saved it in both JPG and PNG formats.  Then...edit my profile, change profile pic, browse to either one of the above files, click select and SL crashes!  Unforunately I removed my old profile pic so now I'm a nobody :(

I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.3 on a Mini with 16GB memory.  Nothing fancy.  Any ideas?

It would be nice if I could choose a profile pic from my inventory...just a suggestion :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tiff, 

I got the exactly the same problem and run OS X Yosemite on Imac. Crash every single time I upload or download any images.

I uploaded my profile image by using the option on the Secong life wedsite through my account. I hope that helps.

Star ;)

• 2 months later...

I was extremely frustrated with this issue until I found this:

From the Firestorm Wiki:

If you are crashing when you try to upload a texture, please try disabling VBO, as described above (below). Also, if you are on Windows and running Microsoft Skydrive, you will need to perform the workaround listed in the Comments section on FIRE-6186.

Disable VBO: Run Firestorm and before logging in, press Ctrl-P to bring up the Preferences window. Then click on Graphics → Hardware Settings tab. Make sure that “Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects” is not checked.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_run_crash

It works just fine with the SL Viewer, too. Now I can upload!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.