Massive griefer attack :/

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What type of attack?

If this is the newer HTTP Bomb that disconnects people, then also file a JIRA report with precise time.

AR's are not ignored. But, you may not see the corrective action in the time frame you want. Unfortunately there is no easy or quick fix.

Self replicating sculped objects that flash red and blue and make that noise like a computer does when it fails to start up.

AR's may not be ignored but it's been 24 hours since I've reported it, no idea how long before I saw when it started and still nothing has been done.

Bring up Charlesville on the map (Don't TP there), those pinkish blobs are the objects, it's that bad it can be seen on the map.  :matte-motes-confused:

5 sims in total (I hope only 5) are affected by it so far.

*Make that 6 sims.

LL has never responded well to griefer attacks. A day of zero action is perfectly normal, in fact nearly a week is normal. The griefers know this, and they know that they have a near zero chance of LL doing anything to their accounts. The bottom line is that LL itself isn't impacted by griefer attacks. They still get their money, that's all that matters. When you rent digital land, there is no service level agreement. What does that mean? Simply this, LL is under no obligation to fix this stuff, certainly not within a specified amount of time. Yeah, it's a pretty crappy situation, but it is what it is.

Recent changes to the system will allow you to click on the particles and remove/return the object. Also, self replicating objects have more limits now. If these are profusely replicating and not stopping, file a JIRA as that is bug in the system now.

Turning particles down to just a few before to tp'ing into a region will allow your viewer to function well enough to remove/return the objects.

The region owner or parcel owner can (owner via Linden Lab not via third party) can file a support ticket for cleanup. The AR is mostly a complaint about a person's activity/behavior. While each is is looked at and acted on there is a huge number of them to deal with. So, Shere's thinking the Lindens do not care is wrong. Bounce over to the Drax Radio Hour and listen to Lindens actually talking about their interst in SL.

There was a griefer attack at the region where I own a parcel, yesterday. I opened a support case and had three Lindens coming over — they fixed it. They took a few hours to respond (after the sim was restarted and nothing changed) but they fixed it. So, I'm not sure what is wrong with those AR's...

On days there are rolling restarts or maintenances going on, it's rather difficult to get a response. And I suppose it always depends on the number of support cases pending... Also, some cases may be considered more imprtant than others. Several factors to take into account, I believe.

MBeatrix wrote:

On days there are rolling restarts or maintenances going on, it's rather difficult to get a response. And I suppose it always depends on the number of support cases pending... Also, some cases may be considered more imprtant than others. Several factors to take into account, I believe.

I'm certain they need to triage a lot of things.

And based on the number of "Oh noes I can't log in Threads" we see here when they do the roll outs I bet support gets inundated.

I have "lived" on the same SL mainland sim for 6 years, and I have seen a goodly number of this kind of griefer attack near my home.  Not so much the last couple of years, but every now and then.

LL has *always* fixed them promptly.  Usually less than an hour after filing an AR, never more than overnight.

Now, I can easily believe that there are instances when LL lets something go on forever.  But my personal, actual experience has been quite different.  

Just sayin.

The Linden Lab governance team responds to numbers. The official guidance on filing an Abuse Report says this:

"Reports from multiple people underscore the seriousness of an incident."

So gather your friends and get everyone to write ARs on griefer objects. If you're the only one who submits an AR, your report goes into the same bucket as someone complaining about being called a bad name, or a neighbor with an overhanging prim. Also, there are groups you can join that will respond to reports of griefer attacks and file ARs to get the G-Team's attention.

One of my friends gave me a list of prolific griefers who can no longer be found in Second Life search. All of them were removed from the grid between March 5 and the present. I wrote an article about it, adding a few names that I knew of. There are 40 names on that list, some of whom were causing trouble in Second Life for several years. So you can't really say "LL doesn't care" or "LL won't do anything to help," because they do and they will. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.