Mail Forwarding of IMs

Carol Darkthief

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a stack of emails that are forwarded Group IMs, but I have stopped receiving any.. I think I switched them off for while I was at the Worldcon, but I can't find any way of switching them back on. Or has the service been withdrawn by LL?

There is such a confusion of websites and webpages that I'm not even sure if the switching was via My Second Life or the Dashboard or the Viewer and (part of the reason I am posting this here) there doesn't seem to be any way of getting back to the Dashboard from My Second Life: there seems to be some consistency of visual design, but the overall structure looks a bit slipshod.

Hi,

It's a bit confusing what your asking for, but if it is the way to receive IMs to your email you can setup this feature through your second live avatar account  dashboard (connect to secondlife.com not my.secondlife.com) go in Account > Contact Information menu on left and  check I would like to receive offline IMs via Email checkbox you will have to type your password for validation i thinks so.

If you don't connect for a while by the viewer the group notices (it's not the group ims) i thinks are capped and will no longer receive and you'll get the message : "too many message ..." when you will next time log in with the viewer.

Fleur.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.