Login failures

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the last few days, I started getting a login error: "Login failed. Could not connect to a simulator." After a couple attempts, and changing the region where I try to login, it finally works. But not now — I've been trying repeatedly and it won't work at all.

I can login with my alt account, though.

This issue seems to happen only when there are more than 40,000 people inworld, and it is affecting my main account only, no matter which viewer I use (Firestorm, Singularity or the official viewer.)

I'm using Google public DNS, so I suppose the problem isn't there.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Lindens

MBeatrix wrote:

Any ideas? Thanks.

Recommend a Jira with SecondLife.log file attached.  In cases where this is consistently failing, I often see a problem with inventory setup time after login being excessive.  If you find something like a 60+ second gap in logging around the following line:

2014-07-17T20:34:35Z INFO: idle_startup: Creating Inventory Views

You'll often get a communications timeout leading to the original message.  Faster machine/network (borrowed or begged), reorganized inventory, etc. can help clear that hurdle.

Thank you, Monty, I shall do that.

In fact, I've been experiencing different kinds of inventory issues since last Christmas. The worst of them seem to have stopped a bit more than one month ago, but many times the viewer keeps fetching and seems to be stuck doing so, especially after unpacking anything. My inventory in my main account is a bit under 35,000 items, and the one of my alt account is quite small, yes.

Anyway, I contacted Live Support twice, and while on the first time I was told to talk to my ISP, the second time (I asked what to tell to my ISP because they have no clue about what to look for) I was told "We are getting many reports of this same error today. We are looking into this for several residents."

Nevertheless, I shall file a JIRA.

Exact same problems. Main can't login to any region at any time of day. I can log to beta grid and dashboard just fine. Alt account logs to the same regions the main tries to just fine. Been going on for days. I had my own JIRA about it, but it got closed with the contact support suggestion, which I have done. The ticket hasn't yet been commented to. Whirly notified me of these threads and the JIRA that is still open and commentable, so added my information there as well.

Thank you, Sonya.

Have you tried removing the payment info from your main account? After I did that, I logged in fine, and as soon as I re-added payment info, couldn't again. The same seems to happen for other people comenting my JIRA.

I noticed that that might work from the JIRA, but I have a cashout in process from July 13th and I'm sort of wary of removing the payment info until that's gone through, although I admit it's tempting to test. 

To clarify: I had a basic account when the problems started, but I had payment information on file. I've now upgraded to Premium so I could file a ticket about this problem.

I am facing the same problem here. Checke dall from PING to a new install.. nothing works. ALso, I do have a good internet connection as well a modern and updated computer  - thigs were all good up to 2 days ago  now they do not work..and similar to MBeatix, I can log with an alt but not with other 3 avs that I have. Finally, I can log with ANY of them to Marketplace, to my account dashboard under Second Life internet page and also to Second Life.  SO.. what is happening then?

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

From
:

Login Issues

[Posted 8:50 AM PDT, 18 July 2014] Some Residents are reporting inability to connect to various regions.  We’re working to correct the problem as quickly as possible. 
Please continue to check this blog for updates.

...Dres

ETA: Thanks, Perrie, for making this post entirely superfluous.

Knowing the reading skills levels of some people I think it can't hurt to have it posted twice.  ;)

ETA:  ^^^^   See what I mean   :D  ^^^^

Just to update on my situation that my cashout came through, which meant I dared to test the removal of payment info as a fix, and it worked. I have paypal (which works fine, since I paid both the premium to be able to file a ticket on this and received the cashout through it today), but I removed it from my payment info for now and immediately could login again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.