Known issue with granting/revoking permissions.

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The workaround will definately work until the issue is fixed & hopefully it will be fixed within a couple of weeks & things will work as usual on 1.23 viewers again.

For the workaround, you need to login to the SL website & open your partners profile there, make the changes that you want to in Actions > Privacy & then your partner needs to relog in SL.

Your partner needs to do the same on your webprofile, which can be found on: https://my.secondlife.com/Calista.Lexico

The link to your partners profile will be the same as yours, except with a different name on the end.

You have not been hung out to dry. This is not LL's way of saying "Upgrade to v2 or don't play". How can I make that more clear? 

The workaround works for anyone with a web browser and is entirely independent from viewer versions.

__Oskar

Fern Eyre wrote:

you have been hung out to try i believe this is LLs way of saying Upgrade to v2 or don't play

I couldn't get the links to work

because I did not see that there is a 'STOP' between "my" & secondlife.com

= orders new glasses

....... And then by pasting the link for Calista mentioned above .... it works .... crazy web behaviour

& big kudos for getting Profiles & these actions browser accessible = WONDERFUL !!

just need to have them so they work consistently

Access from our dashboards would be sensible, logical & much more functional

Since Thru, Le Tigre has been a mass of lag, crashes and inventory problems and if you cannot fix it soon we are going have no alternative but to remove our sim from the RC system entirely.  Oskar you do an excellent job with the RC updates and are perhaps to best to run this program since it began, but the truth is the programs you are installing on the servers at at best poorly tested and at worse border on malicious and it is time either to step out of the RC program entirely or just shut down and leave SL.  Currently we are paying for service we do not recieve and this is fast becoming not just an joke but a total insult to those who put their trust in LL to provide a decent product.  So it is time for SL to either deliver that product and fix the mess they have created or face the consequences.  Good luck because with the help you are getting you are going to need it.

I am curious why this bug is only affecting some people and not others.  I am still invisible to most of my friends because changing them one by one in the web profiles is a pain in the butt.... but no one else i know personally has been affected by this bug.  Was i just in the wrong place at the wrong time, or what?  It did start affecting me not long after i installed and started using the new Firestorm viewer, but plenty of others i know use Firestorm and are not affected by this bug.  

Is there any rhyme or reason about who is affected by the bug?

jade Oddenfen wrote:

does anyone els have issues giveing people new roles in a grp and is this part of this bug seems i cant give roles in my land grp and cant find how to do it via wep page

Hi Jade,

This bug was for giving permissions to you people on your friends list to see you online. map you or edit your objects, its not related to group abilities or roles at all.

What do you mean exactly by you "can`t give roles" in your land group? Are you the group owner & what happens when you try to add a member to a particular role?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-roles/ta-p/700077

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.