Issues with Client, Server or Otherwise

Heavy666 Bolden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having problems when logging in, Multiple Region requests, Things not loading properly when logged in, animations not activating in real time, sounds being delayed and scuttled, Touch menu's failing to respond. I work in a Job supporting every mobile OS conceivable, I need some more troubleshooting steps, Here's what I've already done.

- Checked Network Connection, Tested My ISP's speed, configured new rules in windows firewall to ensure there is no throttling. Also did a speed test where I am getting 120mbps down and 30 mbps up

- Cleared Viewer Cache and history, Uninstalled and Re-Installed the viewer. 

- Installed a new viewer and having similar issues.

I can only conclude that this is either User/Client or Server related. 

Any Additional steps are appriciated. 

Thanks.

Heavy666 Bolden wrote:

I am having problems when logging in, Multiple Region requests, Things not loading properly when logged in, animations not activating in real time, sounds being delayed and scuttled, Touch menu's failing to respond. I work in a Job supporting every mobile OS conceivable, I need some more troubleshooting steps, Here's what I've already done.

- Checked Network Connection, Tested My ISP's speed, configured new rules in windows firewall to ensure there is no throttling. Also did a speed test where I am getting 120mbps down and 30 mbps up

Thanks.

lets start with your system info.  from help/about (you dont have to log in to get it) copy/paste the info here.

Also, are you on wireless or hardwired?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (3415.25 MHz)
Memory: 8191 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST/PCIe/SSE2
Hard Drive1: Samsung Evo 840 SSD 120gb
Hard Drive2: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Wired Ethernet Desktop

Heavy666 Bolden wrote:

Thanks.

I see you have a SSD. Is your paging file on or off? We got a report of someone having problems with SL if the paging file is off.

Also, a number of your issues are symptoms of the individual region you're in being heavily loaded.

DNS most likely when all the hardware is working

i have all kinds of problems on Windows when the ethernet adapter (network card) TCP/IPv4 properties is set to: Obtain DNS server automatically

is my ISP. their DNS service basically sux. It throttles me when I use SL bc of all the calls in rapid succession. So I change the DNS services manually to:

8.8.8.8 , 4.4.4.4 , 208.67.222.222 , 208.67.220.220

and it goes better

1st 2 are Google. last 2 are OpenDNS. I put them all in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.