Is there any way i can play secondlife without downloading it to my laptop?

Lana39

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't run SL on my windows 7 64 bit. I installed firestorm's new viewer and have also tried sl viewer. Been trying to get back in SL and nothing is working so i'm wondering is there any way i can chat to friends without installing it on my computer?

Hi Lana,

You should be able to run an SL viewer on a Win7 laptop, so maybe you should start by telling us what you've tried and what's not working.

The only way to access SL without running a viewer is to use SLGo...

http://slgo.onlive.com

That costs $9.99/month and allows you to access SL from your Laptop and/or from an Android phone.

You might want to try Radecast. That should serve the purpose if the only thing you want to do is to chat with friends.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory/Radegast

"Light-weight feature rich non-graphical client, ideal for situations where full 3D rendering client is less than ideal option, for instance, an office environment, running on low performance computers and similar.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

You should be able to run an SL viewer on a Win7 laptop

Not necessarily, Madi. You won't believe what dramatically bad underpowered craptops ppl are using to attend SL. It's really sad.

Only chance I see for the OP would also be the Radegast viewer. It's not pretty tho. I wouldn't do it if I got paid for using it. It's that bad!

You can try one of as mentionned Radegast(it got a lightly but nice 3D view now :)) or also Metabolt : Third Party Viewer Directory

Normaly second life viewer and TPV should works on Windows 7. Does you have an error message or something said about the problem it meet on start ? if you have a laptop perhaps you have 2 graphics cards and sometimes it not select the right one at launch. Another thing to check is if you have a firewall, it is not block any communication.

Hope that help :)

Fleur.

I recently got a reformatted laptop with Win 7, 32 bit and Nvidea (sp) card. Both singularity and firestorm would shut down every time i clicked "log in", with no error message, nothing, just a closed program.

However the SL viewer worked perfectly.

Firestorm just released an update. I installed it, and it runs fine. 

What was the problem? Who knows? :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.