Inventory Error

Ayesha Askham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many SL users will be pleased and vindicated at the news via the Grid Status Page:

Inventory Issues

Posted by Status Desk on December 18th, 2014 at 06:10 pm PST

[Posted 6:12 PM PST, 18 December 2014] Due to a recent internal error, some Residents may have noticed a few items were recently replaced within their inventories. We are working to reverse the process and hope to have the original items restored quickly.

If you believe that your items were affected, please keep an eye on your inventory - you should see the original items restored soon. There is no need to submit a support case or otherwise report the issue at this time.

In addition to restoring the original items as quickly as possible, we are also taking steps to resolve the issue that caused the error so that we can avoid repeating it in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

that the recent spate of erronrous IP infringement replacements has been admitted (in the face of a torrent of evidence) and that steps to replace lost items (mostly animations) will be done.

That The Lab has held its hand up to this should be a great relief to many users who see The Lab as a faceless and remote operation disconnected from its users.  I'm no LL cheerleader but this is one where they deserve some kudos for the operation, if not their typonnese. :smileyhappy:

Yes, well that is a fair point...but the drive of my post was that at least they have publicly admitted a fault and apologised.  That is something which they have been loath to do in the past.

I guess I have to allow for some rawness in the userbase, God knows LL have given us cause enough!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.