If you've been having problems inworld tonight

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Never fear...you're not alone.

official word from LL -  [Posted 8:27 PM PDT, 01 October 2014] We are currently performing unscheduled Inventory Database maintenance. During this time, some residents may experience login issues,inventory loading issues and an inablity to rez. Residents in-world may also be logged off. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions during this maintenance. Please check back here for updates.

Yes but one thing good came of this

After signing on, my avi had no clothes or hair and alpha obscuring upper body!

I tried different outfit and got message saying 'no inventory found'

After little panic I went to HELP button and stumbled across the 'grid status' option. Clicking this gave me same message as you posted Tex.  Now I know where to look next time.  

So glad my clothes were not stolen  :D

unplanned is unplanned,  servers go down,  hosts lose connection.  with how many "nodes" they have aka servers for the database which contains over 380 peta bytes of assets. you can imagine,  one little hiccup and things grid to a halt,  when a node goes down a new machine has to spin up and act as a server that takes time.   loading current database,  configuring it's self to be a read/write machine.   so when things go **bleep** up and the asset machine takes a **bleep**, remember it takes time.  this is not web hosting.

yes i know thing s break, but there should be maintaninence a least

once a month and then perhaps things would not break, see my point

having said that i have never had a prob as yet but lasy night there was no

mesage in im to say they was going down or offline, they could have put

a message up saying you are beong logged out due to problems with server

check back later, its only curtious to do that as no one had any warnings

it could have been a problem if someone had been buying lyndons or transfering cash

binder59 wrote:

yes i know thing s break, but there should be maintaninence a least

once a month and then perhaps things would not break, see my point

having said that i have never had a prob as yet but lasy night there was no

mesage in im to say they was going down or offline, they could have put

a message up saying you are beong logged out due to problems with server

check back later, its only curtious to do that as no one had any warnings

it could have been a problem if someone had been buying lyndons or transfering cash

What makes you think that there isn't constant maintenance going on?

Unless someone really follows Grid Status, 99.999999% of the time most people are oblivious that Maintenance, whether it's scheduled or unscheduled, is even going on.....They log in and go about their daily business and never notice a thing.  Which really is the way it should be.

After seven plus years of observing this in SL, it really appears to me the only time they really post to the Grid Status is when it is a core service that needs work. Those have wider impact and can take more time to do. 

Think about what it takes when you reboot your computer.  Fist you have to reboot.  Then you have to reopen all the prograns you've been running.  Now multiply that by the hundreds of servers it takes to run SL.

Here's a nice read for you about what is going on in the back ground:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Tools-and-Technology/The-Recent-Unpleasantness/ba-p/2730800

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.