I can't log in due to SL Grid Issues

TheHempFairy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.  I just barely got an account last night and have been expereincing an ongoing issue.  

I can't log into second life at all.  

Everytime I try I get two pop up windows.  First says that if I'm new I need to create an account, even though I all ready did.  I hit okay, and then I get a second window saying "Were having trouble connecting, there may be something wrong with your internet connection, or there could be something wrong with the second life grid." It then gives me the options "Ok" "Help" "Try Teleporting Home"  

I have tried to fix this by doing the following:
>Teleporting Home
>Waiting for hours
>Disabling my firewall settings to see if that was the problem, it wasn't.
>Checking my internet connection.  Obviously it's fine as I'm using it right now. =p
> Making a new account, also didn't work. 
>Going into me>preferences>show starting location and typing in different locations to start at other then the last load in place.  

Nothing is working and I'm very annoyed at the ongoing issue.  Can anyone please help me?

The grid is working fine and has been all day as far as I can tell. You have some sort of connection issue. The fact that you can connect to the website doesn't mean vinegar to a rabbit. Second Life runs many parallel threads of data simultaneously and uses a lot of ports, some of them rather uncommon. There are a  number of places the connection process to Second Life can get tripped up and you'll never see them when you connect to 99% of the Internet. If you tell us as much as you can about your computer and connection someone on the forums may be able to spot the problem though.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i keep getting the message "cant log  into second life  from this computer"  i updated my  driver, did countless computer reboots, uninstalled and reinstalled second life  atleast 3x   and still nothing , even tried logging  in on different viewers  and still nothing. i have called  second lif 3x yesterday (4/19/2013) and again this morning 4/20/2013   and still nothing  im  not happy at all, when i call linden labs , they cant tell me anything

turk3272 Bigboots wrote:

i keep getting the message "cant log  into second life  from this computer"  i updated my  driver, did countless computer reboots, uninstalled and reinstalled second life  atleast 3x   and still nothing , even tried logging  in on different viewers  and still nothing. i have called  second lif 3x yesterday (4/19/2013) and again this morning 4/20/2013   and still nothing  im  not happy at all, when i call linden labs , they cant tell me anything

Oh dear, turk, that does not sound good.  Do you share your computer with anyone else?  You need to submit a support ticket, rather than go through Live Chat or telephoning them.  That is the message people usually get when their account has been banned.

Marigold Devin wrote:

turk3272 Bigboots wrote:

Oh dear, turk, that does not sound good.  Do you share your computer with anyone else?  You need to submit a support ticket, rather than go through Live Chat or telephoning them.  That is the message people usually get when their account has been banned.

They should also double check their E Mail (and SPAM folder just in case) to see if they got a notice from LL.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

turk3272 Bigboots wrote:

They should also double check their E Mail (and SPAM folder just in case) to see if they got a notice from LL.

Yes, they should, you are quite right. Good point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.