Having trouble logging in my main, I don't know what else to do.

Hikaru Yamamoto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I can't seem to log in or stay logged in my main account. My alts work just fine its just my main that seems to be having this problem. Ive tried logging into different regions with no luck. When I log in normally the prograss bar gets stuck at "connecting to region" it takes several minutes then finally gets past and looks like its logging in but when SL pops up, I can't see my avatar, I can't move, nothing is loaded, and then it finally says Ive been logged out. But if I clear viewer cache 1st then it will log me in looking like it has no problem, I can move around and chat etc while things load, but then it will start freezing up over and over and then freeze for 2 minutes and then say ive been logged out. During this time if I click clear inventory cache then try to log in, it will again log me in looking normal and have a slim chance of keeping me in. But it takes doing this process over and over a few times before it keeps me logged on. So it seems this might be an inventory loading problem of soms sort. I've tried using an older version, I've tried the update, Ive rebooted my computer, I've done several clean installs, I've deleted chat logs. I've messed with graphics and connection settings... I don't know what else to do. This started probably about the 20th very suddenly with no change having taken place.

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

While Ren is correct about the maintenance this shouldn't keep you logged out for 5 days.

Regardless of which viewer you are using try the steps in this article:

thanks but everything i read is for when none of your accounts can log in. I'm only having trouble with my main account. I don't know if its due to my large inventory or what... but all my other accounts work fine.

Large inventory (>30,000 items) could do it. Alternatively more than 99+ Notifications (top-right) could do it.

The root cause is a connection fault - that it only affects your largest (data-wise) account is probably indicative of a bandwidth bottleneck that dumps the stream. Not enough information to be conclusive, whatever.

You can either improve your connection or try and wait longer - don't clear cache, wait for EVERYTHING to filter down the thinnest tube. Doesn't matter if you get kicked off regularly during complete population of datasets, you should get there eventually (and then, can fix inventory/notification bloat).

G'luck.

Hikaru Yamamoto wrote:

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

While Ren is correct about the maintenance this shouldn't keep you logged out for 5 days.

Regardless of which viewer you are using try the steps in this article:

thanks but everything i read is for when none of your accounts can log in. I'm only having trouble with my main account. I don't know if its due to my large inventory or what... but all my other accounts work fine.

Which Viewer are you using?  Have you tried with different Viewers?

It is possible for a large inventory to cause some trouble but generally it shouldn't.

Did you try the suggestions in the linked page Ohjiro suggested?

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/login_10_10_10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.