Half my locality is missing after the restart yesterday

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do I need to clear cache? Last time I did that it took a full day for things to get back to normal again, so I'm wary.

Since yesterday''s sudden forced logout and not being able to log in for half an hour (during which time I learned about rolling restarts) a lot of the land around me has vanished, or is up in the air, literally!

There's a massive water-filled hole now just behinf my parcel. I thought for a moment the owners were into some serious terraforming, but if I try to walk onto it, everything goes haywire and I fly off into the uncontrolled distance. I do get the message about entering a differet sim just before hell is unleashed.

The view from above my parcel, and camming long distances out, is mostly missing.

So, is it me that has to do a cache clear, and is this normal after a restart?

Thanks. I've been off for an hour and logged back in - just the same. It's been like this since I could get back on last night. Same with my wife's login.

Edit to add: Same on the SL viewer as on Firestorm, same on mine and my wife's accounts, so it's not a cache issue. Half the island is missing and if I try to cross into the missing parts, it clearly doesn't work so well.

Looks like someone dropped the ball...

Edit again... Got support to restart the sim again, seems OK now. So far...

Good to hear it's fixed.

You seem to have been trying the right things, different viewer and different accounts.

It would have been worth mentioning the region affected, and whichever server version it was running. One of us could have slipped in and seen if they saw the same problems. And sometimes whese things can be down to a bad connection: a rough idea of where in the world you are, US State or similar level, could help distinguish problems at the server end from other problems.

It's worth knowing what your usual ping times are

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.