Group chat lag...

Machen Savira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sooooo i have 3 groups (out of 28) that when group chat is initiated, there is horrible 2-5min lag delay between the time i hit return and the time it pops up. This also seems to happen when i group chat with a specific group of friends... (start our own chat). Is this on your end or mine? Do i need to contact the NSA and ask them to mind their own SL business and stop intercepting my chat? Have i angered the Linden gods with my habit of leaving items lying around in sandboxes? Is Linden Labs targetting me and these particular friends for any reason? Did i block too many whoreface, gesture spammers? It's not the SIM(s) im in, its not the "peak" hours, not the stoner rush... its as though, LL is using that LOVERLY chat system from AOL in the 90s! Ive tried official and popular viewers, same effect! le sigh... If there is any type of fix on my end, please do tell! Its like buying a baggy of "fun" and finding out its all stems and seeds... you want to throw a fit, but you need that "fix"...

Machen Savira wrote:

Is this on your end or mine?

Neither nor, Machen, neither nor. It's on Linden Lab's end and "we" are not Linden Lab, just residents like you, suffering the same hilarious group chat lag. Different viewer won't help you here and there's nothing at all you can do on your end. The groups and chat is all on LL's servers and they are to blame.

• Lindens

Hey All,

I know it's very frustrating, and the group chat is currently  being investigated for improvement of the said issue. There is group chat not starting or lagging.

We have https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-345 in our system, but I would recommend filing a new jira with your group name, time and date when it happens, and the region where you carried out the group chat.

What I am going to do then is checking out the logs and link the new jira to one of the existing ones. That way we have documenation of your cases.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.