Get it Right, please

Ayesha Askham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Scheduled Inventory Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on March 19th, 2014 at 07:10 am PDT

[Posted 7:08 AM PDT, 19 March 2014] We will be performing scheduled inventory maintenance on Thursday, March 20, 2014 from approximately 6:00 AM PST to 7:00 AM PST.

OK...so PDT or PST?  Which is it to be?  6am PST will be 7am PDT, is that what you mean, or is it really 6am PDT?

For goodness' sake LL get this right.  For those of us who actually do schedule our SL this matters!

ETA: Oh Yes and Avatar textures are broken for a fair portion of the grid.  Woo a good week this week...WTG Linden Lab.  Apparently unscheduled maintenance is ongoing but nary a mention of it on the GSP, nice to know you are telling those affected, not just the dozens that have ticketed Support about it that you are actually trying to fix it.

OK I wasn't going to rise to this, but, well, since it is you Cincia....

After nearly three weeks I do expect the LL staff who update the GPS to know what time it is.  As to being drama...no, it  isn't, it is about getting it right, so that I can schedule my RL around my SL...an hour here or there may not matter to you but it does to me.

Drake

You think I should cut them some slack...really?  Why?  When I did my job I was expected to get it right, so why should LL's GSP staff be any different?

To both of you

As to the avatar texture issue...well you talk to one of those affected.  They didn't think it was drama.

Ayesha Askham wrote:

After nearly three weeks I
do
expect the LL staff who update the GPS to know what time it is.  As to being drama...no, it  isn't, it is about getting it right, so that I can schedule my RL around my SL...an hour here or there may not matter to you but it does to me.

Drake

You think I should cut them some slack...really?  Why?  When I did my job I was expected to get it right, so why should LL's GSP staff be any different?

To both of you

As to the avatar texture issue...well you talk to one of those affected.  They didn't think it was drama.

12 days is not "nearly three weeks" its not even two weeks.

Seeing as it states  "Posted 7:08 AM PDT, 19 March 2014" I would go with that.. Also, if you don't know what time it is...

I have been helping people in the FS group try and fix the texture issue, so don't lecture me.

Ayesha Askham wrote:

After nearly three weeks I
do
expect the LL staff who update the GPS to know what time it is.  As to being drama...no, it  isn't, it is about getting it right, so that I can schedule my RL around my SL...an hour here or there may not matter to you but it does to me.

Drake

To both of you

Ahhh, Ayesha...

My RL mental picture of you is so beautifully exotic and precise.

A small cottage alone on a moor.

You, in a rocking chair, covered in a dark plaid wool shawl, your hair in a bun, wire-framed glasses perched on your nose and with a bored and overweight cat lounging on your lap.

Before you sits a computer with a small, beige, green-screen monitor.

You sit rocking, rocking, rocking....

And staring at the Grid Status feed EVERY WAKING MINUTE OF YOUR LIFE.

Drake

OK so it isn't three weeks...so what?  And as far as the texture issue is concerned it is not and never was an exclusively Firestorm issue, it is just that the Firestorm crew actually tried to proactively sort the cause of the issue, if you were part of that good on you, and please stop bristling - I wasn't trying to lecture you.  Or is that an obtuse way of telling us that you are, in fact, part of the LL dev team?  In which case maybe I am. :smileytongue:

Theresa

You have no idea just how far from the truth that image is.

However, it is clear that I am in a minority and I'll just accept that my insistence on timeliness is a hangover from my QA career.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Before you sits a computer with a small, beige, green-screen monitor.

A green-screen monitor?! You lucky bastards! When I was a lad, we dreamed of having green-screen monitors! We had to get by with a teletype and rolls of newsprint. Uphill both ways!

Qie Niangao wrote:

Cincia Singh wrote:

Have you upgraded from your 14.4k modem yet? :smileywink:

Modem
!?! We dialed-up and whistled!

I learned how to dial by tapping the switchhook quickly. A pay phone with a jammed or missing faceplate was no hindrance for me. Unfortunately, the missing handset was. And I remember whistling into the phone to test my first modem, which was hand-built according to plans from the local computer club.

300 baud!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.