Perrie Juran

Re: Deploys for the weeks of 2012-11-12, 2012-11-19

Reply to Qie Niangao - view message

Qie Niangao wrote:

The "could not find agent to stop animation" thing is a relatively common script bug (especially in linked poseballs) but would warrant attention if you're seeing it repeatably in objects that behaved correctly before under the same conditions.

About the items that aren't allowing script reset, just to be sure: they have mod permission, right?

Getting back to this.  Yes it continues to repeat itself in objects that were previously working correctly.  And it is several items I own.  A few are NO MOD so yes, I can't reset the scripts.  It's kind of dumb that you can't do that in NO MOd items but I guess there are technical reasons for this.  I've also encountered a couple of times the first thing I had to do after rezzing an item was reset the scripts in order to kick start it.  Whether it is of relevance, I live on a main channel SIM.

MB Robonaught

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

Hi,

Actually you can normally reset scripts that are no mod after you click open you just can't view the contents.

Topics: 2
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

Reply to Maestro Linden - view message

You can reset scripts that are no mod.  BUT, you can't reset scripts that are *inside* no mod objects.

As for Things corrupting, I haven't see that.  But I do know the "Recompile" feature on viewers doesn't work as it used to, since compiling was moved server side. I think it only works when a script is full perms.

MB Robonaught

Reply to Darien Caldwell - view message

you're right my bad

Honored Resident
Amber Murfin

[ Edited ]

I have also, over the last month or 2 been seeing strange script behaviour. I'm a scripter / builder that builds fighting sail ships. 

A few times i've had to completly delete a script from an object and drop a totally fresh copy because it either fails to display the script when you edit it or won't compile. 

Also, After region crossings, i've had several people reporting problems with the ships generating an animation permissions error despite there being a call to llGetPermissions() immediatly before every llStartAnimation command and llStopAnimation command.. It's not consistant, and only a few people have been affected, and that's despite the script skipping all animation supdates for 3 seconds after a region crossing.

I haven't been able to re-create any of the slightly odd script behaviour consistantly so i feel filing a JIRA would be useless as it would get closed with an unable to re-create message, but i definatly feel something is going on. Hopefully with enough people talking togeather about it we'll be able to pin down what's happening, whether it's a strange server / asset server problem or an LSL bug somewhere, or even our scripting that's at fault!

Amber

WolfBaginski Bearsfoot

Reply to Amber Murfin - view message

A heads up for you. I'm getting logged out on Teleport. Probably more to do with the network than with the server code, I;ve not been able to pick out any pattern from the info I have, except that TPs do not consistently fail with any particular server/region pair.
Honored Resident
Tymus Tenk

Twice today(Sat 17th) while working (terraforming, taking up prims) on two of my neighboring homesteads ..South Farthing & Eryn Vorn ... both regions would alternate appearing, disappearing...then  I'd crash.  When I relogged and came back in, the sim hadhad rolled back..with prims in place and terraform reversed.  This happened twice withing 30 minutes.The navmesh was rebaked each time after terrarforming.  Since  the rollover on Tuesday, I've notice all 11 sims in my island estate appearing/reappearing ....since the rollover of 11/6... but never the problem of crashing/auto rollback upon returning until  11/13.  Hope this info helps for the next rollover of the SL servers..

Calas Galadhon Park sims ... bringing the beauty of our natural world into Second Life