Deploys for the week of 2015-01-19

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

There is no main channel roll scheduled on Tuesday 2015-01-13

NOTE: Due to a national holiday on Monday (Martin Luther King Jr.) we are planning on postponing the RC roll on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

BlueSteel is getting  new server maintenance project, which includes internal fixes and addresses BUG-8223 "Pictures Fail to Upload and send when Using Email Option from RC Regions". It also offers support for http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/HoverHeightProjectViewerTesting

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/15#15.01.16.298179

Scheduled Thursday 2015-01-22 07:00-10:30 PST

Second Life RC LeTigre:

LeTigre is staying on the same project as last week. But it contains an update that fixes BUG-8223 "Pictures Fail to Upload and send when Using Email Option from RC Regions".

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/15#15.01.16.298178

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is moving onto the same project as BlueSteel and LeTigre.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/15#15.01.16.298178

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Caleb Linden wrote:

I needed to confirm with the Viewer Project to confirm that RC Bluesteel is now supporting this:

Please, have at it testing.
:)

There is no text on that wiki page.

I'll swear it wasn't blank yesterday 
o.O

I'll confirm that observation.  ;)

Caleb

Has something gone awry?  It is nearly 10:00am PDT and yet there is no mention of the RC channels restarts on the Grid Status Page...I gather from inworld contacts that some Magnum sims have been restarted, but there are a lot of issues with scripted items on at least one Magnum sim, running the new software version - Lemon Zest - I was there not 40 minutes ago.

Que pasa, Linden Lab?

ETA @1:30pm PDT Thursday 22nd

OK, this is not good enough, Caleb.  No sign of the Rolling Restart to the RC channels on the GSP even now and no explanation here, the one place we might expect news.  What IS GOING ON?

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Caleb Linden wrote:

I needed to confirm with the Viewer Project to confirm that RC Bluesteel is now supporting this:

Please, have at it testing.
:)

There is no text on that wiki page.

I'll swear it wasn't blank yesterday 
o.O

It's not only that wiki page. Plenty of wiki pages are no longer available, (e.g. the Release Notes for the server channels). Other pages fall-back to the time around January, 5th 2015, e.g. the page for the Alternat Viewers.

Yesterday I saw there the Experience Viewer version 3.8.0 and the Hover Project Viewer version 3.7.25. But today all is gone.

Is this a mistake or intended?

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

the wiki was switched over to a new version, and some of the last edits on the old version have not been migrated yet. fortunately only a few people had edit access before then, so there won't be too many edits to redo.

Ah, maybe that's why GRID STATUS for this is not marked finished yet even though we can now do edits.

I suppose the reason the guy in charge of the GSP did not think it was worth mentioning the RC Rolls this week since the repeated "Scheduled Maintenance" covers the "Do Not Rez" warning that they repeatedly trot out.

Then again maybe this work is never really finished.  I cannot recall a Scheduled RC roll never being mentioned on the GSP before though.

To me it sounds like a case of "It wasn't me, I didn't do it...I wasn't even there at the time" :smileyfrustrated:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.