Deploys for the week of 2014-09-15

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the maintenance project which was introduced to all three RC channels last week. This project fixes some crash modes and an obscure bug.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/14#14.09.05.293778

Scheduled Tuesday 2014-09-16 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

BlueSteel is getting a new project, which addresses experience tools.  It includes some bug fixes, and tweaks some behaviors related to experience tools.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/14#14.09.09.293969

Scheduled Wednesday 2014-09-17 07:00-10:30 PDT

Second Life RC LeTigre:

LeTigre is getting the same update as BlueSteel.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/14#14.09.09.293969

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is getting the same update as BlueSteel and LeTigre.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/14#14.09.09.293969

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

Maestro

There is a bit of an issue with today's Main Server Restarts, and I suspect there is a BUG in the new code.  Sims are not rezzing all their compement of prims, they are in the sim's inventory but simply not appearing.

Now this issue can be corrected by relogging the avatar and forcing the sim to rez its complement of prims again but this should not be happening. None of the conventional "workarounds" are any use, I tried them all before relogging.

I checked this out with the help of Firestorm Support so I'm not just whingeing!  It may be to do with Project Interesting updates but that is something I cannot tell.

FYI I saw this problem  most severely on Woods of Heaven, my home sim, no.9741. :smileysurprised:

After today's restart we're having some unusual new problems in Thorklin (a Magnum region).

Inventory wouldn't load, groups wouldn't appear, and land parcel data does not load.

Further, mesh objects are not rezzing. They are 'there', as in they can be bumped into, right clicked and that sort of thing, but they are just not rezzing in the viewer.

Is this related to today's restart? Or a separate issue?

• Lindens

MBeatrix wrote:

Me and a few friends have been experiencing the same issue Ayesha reported. During a SL hunt, in several different sims, objects do not show up to some of us (not to all of us at one time) until we re-log, and they can't even be found in Area Search.

As it turns out, Ayesha was unable to reproduce the issue at all; it was a one-off problem for her, which nobody (including Ayesha) was able to reproduce.  If you have information about cases where objects don't load correctly, please file a Jira with all the specifics.

• Lindens

Atashi Toshihiko wrote:

After today's restart we're having some unusual new problems in Thorklin (a Magnum region).

Inventory wouldn't load, groups wouldn't appear, and land parcel data does not load.

Further, mesh objects are not rezzing. They are 'there', as in they can be bumped into, right clicked and that sort of thing, but they are just not rezzing in the viewer.

Is this related to today's restart? Or a separate issue?

Hi Atashi, those symptoms sound typical of a capabilities failure on the sim.  You may have seen this bug (which affected both capabilities and LSL HTTP-In URLs).  The viewer log should have some clues, especially if you use Develop -> Consoles -> Capabilities Info to Debug Console.

I visited Thorklin to investigate the issue, but the region has since been restarted.  I can view meshes, parcel data, etc., so it appears that a restart fixed the region.

As it turns out, Ayesha was unable to reproduce the issue at all; it was a one-off problem for her, which nobody (including Ayesha) was able to reproduce.  If you have information about cases where objects don't load correctly, please file a Jira with all the specifics.

As you pointed above, yes, some external factor may have caused the issue, and I also haven't been able to reproduce it. Nevertheless, as soon as I notice it again I'll take note of the location(s) and file a JIRA.

Thanks for the info.

• Lindens

Hi Sara, there's some information about that in the user group agenda:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group#Agenda

Here's the relevant bit of text:

We are accepting proposals to add other regions to this test, though space is very limited (there's space for 20-30 regions, total)
If you own a region and would like to have it moved to the RC Snack channel for CDN testing, please email cdn-test@lindenlab.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.