Deploys for the week of 2014-08-11

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the server maintenance project which was introduced to all three RC channels last week. This project includes miscellaneous bug fixes.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/14#14.08.01.292564

Scheduled Tuesday 2014-08-12 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

No rolls are scheduled for RC BlueSteel this week.

Second Life RC LeTigre:

No rolls are scheduled for RC LeTigre this week.

Second Life RC Magnum:

No rolls are scheduled for RC Magnum this week.

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

It seems that some sims still can't take vehicle crossings safely. Examples: Crossing from Dura to Ultsch with the MLCC Oceanic failed. It's the same symptom as a few months back: Some efficient vehicles cross fine. Others go off into space, though I had a case a few days back crossing into Degrand where the boat recovered after ~5 mins.

The trouble with this issue seems to be that the affected sims do seem to change. Last week I had that same problem crossing from Banach into Coull.

As always, please feel free to use my avi if need be, and the vehicles I used recently are all in the "* Vehicles" folder: "MLCC Oceanic" and "Riva Iseo - PG - Jenni" if you'd like to pick them out. Please do let me know if I can provide more info or specific tests.

Edit: I wonder if it's Dura that's the actual problem in this case... it does throw some rather weird errors in regards to pathfinding. The most reproducible one is when querying linksets: "Error detected while querying for pathfinding linksets". I cannot reliably reproduce that one either though. It seems to work some of the time, and not any other.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.