Deploys for the week of 2014-02-17 (updated at 2014-02-18 14:04PST)

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Update: added RC release notes

Second Life Server (main channel)

No rolls are planned for the main channel this week.

Second Life RC BlueSteel, RC LeTigre, and RC Magnum:

The RC channels will all be updated to a new server maintenance project. Release note links will be added soon.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/14#14.02.07.286464
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/14#14.02.07.286464
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/14#14.02.07.286464

Scheduled Wednesday 2014-02-19 07:00-10:30 PST

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

• Lindens

Avi Savira wrote:

Sim: Mocis

Server: LeTigre

Following the update yesterday, IM to email and emails from objects are not being sent

Hi Avi, are you sure that the issue isn't on your email provider's end?  I just visited Mocis, and email between LSL scripts and the outside is working for me there.  IM to offline email is also working for me in that region.

Which sim(s)? Usually this points to a problem with the content on the sim -- although sometimes that can be very hard to find, so it is often easier to just restart the sim and ignore the underlying problem.

There do seem to be some sim memory leaks (that might still be associated with Pathfinding, or not), and so it's probably best if the Lab gets to hear of every such instance, which should help them identify and fix the problem(s)... and motivate them to do so, if it causes enough work to have to poke each affected sim individually.

After futher testing it seems that emails to @live.com & @hotmail.com are not working despite having the domain @lsl.secondlife.com in my safe senders list

emails to @blueyonder.co.uk are working

I get daily emails to my @live.com account (when they are working) so am sure that the problem started immediately after last week's update. Too much of a coincidence to be at hotmail's end i think.

Thank you Maestro for your very speedy response to my Jira.
For other readers than cannot access that Jira; emails from the IP address of the Mocis server (216.82.51.198) were
rejected by Outlook for policy reasons. The mail server IP connecting to Outlook has exhibited namespace mining behavior.

Mocis was restarted in the last few hours, the server IP address is now different (216.82.49.161) and emails are working
again.

I do have unanswered questions though:
1. Why was this IP blocked?... previous misuse?
2. How many of SL's IP addresses are similarly blocked?
3. Is this a rare occurance or quite common? although i guess that depends on the answer to Q2.
4. Surely it's in LL's interest to attempt to remove any blocks on their IP addresses to allow their residents to have access to all of the features available in other sims on other server IP addresses
5. Will LL be contacting Outlook / Microsoft to attempt to remove any blocks on all the affected IP addresses?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.