Deploys for the week of 2013-12-09

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel will be updated to get the server maintenance project that was on the RC channels last week.  This project includes a few miscellaneous bug fixes.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/13#13.11.22.284268

Scheduled Tuesday 2013-12-10 05:00-11:00 PST

Second Life RC BlueSteel, RC LeTigre, and RC Magnum:

All three RC channels are on a new server maintenance project.  This project contains a single bug fix, related to vehicles becoming stuck in the 'sat upon' state (which prevents parcel autoreturn).

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/13#13.12.06.284624

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/13#13.12.06.284624

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/13#13.12.06.284624

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-12-11 07:00-10:30 PST

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira

Maestro

There's trouble at 't Mill.  Sim No.9724, Woods of Heaven, just restarted to SL version 13.11.22.284268.  First login reulted in a crash after teleporting out successfully but on return unable to move.

Second login TP out successful TP back no stream sound though stream info showing in local and no AO walk sound or other avatar sounds though all other sounds playing as normal.  All sounds including stream and AO walk play normally on a Magnum sim.

• Lindens

Hi Ayesha,

Just to confirm, was the crash a Viewer or Server crash?

And "Second login TP out successful TP back no stream sound though stream info showing in local and no AO walk sound or other avatar sounds though all other sounds playing as normal.  All sounds including stream and AO walk play normally on a Magnum sim." Are these symptoms reproducible?

Thanks,

Caleb

Caleb

Peculiar.  Firstly the stream is apparently showing as up but there is nothing from the server so it is not SL!  I checked it independently of SL.

Secondly the lack of avatar sounds was due to several items not being attached after the second relog..6 in total including the walk sound assist.

As to the crash it was almost certainly viewer, not server.  I didn't get the "You have been logged out of Second Life" message.

So apart from the oddities of unworn inventory, which must have occurred on the TP back from Pine Wood (Magnum RC) and I subsequently re-attached, there is no reproducible or tangible issue, sorry to have yelled "FIRE". :smileyembarrassed:

I have two houses I just finished updating and now cannot take back into inventory (TAKE is greyed out) -- altho I can take a copy of each. These are houses I built. They are just floating above the sim. I dont recall seeing this before.

I just restarted the sim, TAKE is still grayed out.

Should I file a JIRA or a support ticket? 

• Lindens

Hm, I see your 'take copy' operation on the house at 3:16pm PST, which appears to have worked.

Having 'Take Copy' enabled in the UI but not 'Take' would only make sense if somebody else owned the house and enabled 'Anyone Can Copy' on it.  But since you are the house's owner, both 'Take', 'Take Copy', and 'Delete' should be all enabled.  Of course, since you also own the land, the 'Return' option should be available.  Having the wrong UI enabled is primarily a viewer bug, though it could be triggered by the sim sending wrong data for the object (which would be hinted at in the build tool's 'General' tab with wrong object owner info, for example).

So far, I haven't been able to reproduce this issue, but if you created a Jira with as many details as you can gather, that would be helpful.

I managed to delete one house, since I could not either take or return it, but the other, I got the "object returned to sim" message.

I can't take any of the houses on the sim, but I can take trees, etc. So maybe related to LI?

I will try deleting again later.  

• Lindens

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

"Take Copy" works and "Take" does not work, also happens if somebody is sitting on the object. Could this be part of the "stuck in sat upon" bug you are fixing in the RC?

That's an interesting idea, but doesn't seem to be related to the bug (BUG-4635) which is being fixed on the RCs.  'About Land' indicates 0 selected/sat upon, and objects which are affected by BUG-4635 have the 'Take' option available in the context menu.

Is there a problem with the RC roll today? My home region Thorklin has been offline for nearly 2 hours, usually it's only 30 - 45 minutes on a rolling restart. Thorklin is on RC Magnum.

Edited to add: Hehe nevermind. No sooner had I posted this, then the region came back up.

Still, it was an exceptionally long downtime for the restart. Or it seemed so to me.

I was able to delete the remaining floating house today, though still could not take or return it. 

I dont know if it is related, but today I unlinked a prim and it vanished.  Last week my assistant selected some rugs and they vanished -- did this twice. Not in Lost and Found, not in Area Search, not at 0,0,0, not in trash.

Also: Return to Last Position no longer works from inventory, and when using Singularity copy paste position buttons, the item vanishes.  Using Align function of Singularity now causes items to vanish as well. Rapidly losing valuable functionality. 

Do you have the ability to build at <0,0,0> on that region?  Return to last position will only work if you have the ability to rez at <0,0,0>. This is a server limitation.

Can you reproduce the same problem on another viewer that has the copy/paste object position and the align feature? Can you reproduce it also on another region? That would help to narrow down if this is a region problem or something that changed in the server update or if its a specific issue with Singularity.

• Lindens

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Can you reproduce the same problem on another viewer that has the copy/paste object position and the align feature? Can you reproduce it also on another region? That would help to narrow down if this is a region problem or something that changed in the server update or if its a specific issue with Singularity.

Yes, I would be very interested in whether this reproduces with the 3.6.12.384506 release viewer ( from http://get.secondlife.com).  At this point, I think it makes more sense to track this issue in a Jira than try to continue in a forum thread, however.

Maestro, unfortunately Viewer 3 does not have return to last position  or the copy/paste object position or the align feature. Those are TPV features only. I'll test these on Firestorm and JIRA if it appears serverside changes have caused some breakage there. I suspect there isnt a server problem or we would have heard much screaming in Firestorm support by now as those features are widely used.

Pamela, just a thought but do you have the option "Hide selected" enabled? This would make any object disappear while you held it in edit.

I dont know where this option is on Singularity but on V3 based viewers it is under Advanced -> Highlighting & visibility -> Hide selected.

I just did a quick check on the RC sandboxes and main channel sandboxes for return to last position, using the copy/paste object parameter feature and the align tool with Firestorm viewer and everything appears to be working as expected. My only fail was restoring to last position on the BlueSteel sandbox but this was because there is a parcel there at <0,0,0> where I do not have rez rights, so failure was expected.

Oh -- I don't have Hide Selected on.

While I am at it -- and I have filed a JIRA about this I think -- it is tiring to try ten times to rez mesh on a regular prim and not be able to. Rezzing mesh on mesh -- and I build mesh furniture for mesh houses -- is of course impossible. 

And this is what I see when looking at content in my store, including Linden trees:

Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 8.07.24 PM.png

• Lindens

Pamela Galli wrote:

And this is what I see when looking at content in my store, including Linden trees:

Pamela, I'd love to see the SecondLife.log file from a session that produces scenes like that. I haven't been able to find your jira but if you'd attache the log file to it and point me in its direction, something might be learned....m

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.